“Bacon cheeseburger and onion rings keep me coming back!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 107 Restaurants in Lufkin
Cuisines: American
Lufkin, Texas
“Bacon cheeseburger and onion rings keep me coming back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Ray's is a Lufkin institution! It's as good as a drive-in can get. Hamburgers are made to order, so don't get in a rush; just enjoy! My favorite is the bacon cheeseburger, but for heart disease prevention reasons, I can't enjoy one as often as I would like! But the REAL reason I keep coming back are those onion rings! A generous shake (or two!) of salt and some ketchup - the perfect side to a burger!

Orange, Texas
“No Ketchup :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I got the rays special burger and an order of onion rings. The burger was good, but nothing special. The onion rings had no seasoning and we decided to take the food to the park nearby so my son could play. We realized they had forgotten our request for extra ketchup and given us none. Perhaps I could have eaten the onion rings if I had gotten ketchup. But since I didn't I don't recommend the onion rings. My son got fries, they were good, but lacked salt as well.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lufkin, Texas
“Only Tried Once, But Made an Impression”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The ladies who worked behind the counter were very sweet, helpful and patient with me. I ordered a burger, a shake and onion rings; all were very good! I would love to go back and try what else they have to offer, unfortunately I don't make it to that side of town much. :/

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We heard great things about this burger place, but our family was not impressed. The chicken strips were good, but the burger was very plain, needed some seasoning. Maybe we just picked a bad day.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“greasy and GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

i always love the Ray's Special hamburger! lots of stuff that is bad for my arteries but it tastes SO GOOD! onions and cheese melted onto the patties -- yum! and their Taco Salad is also delicious... i'm not a huge fan of their onion rings, but most everything i've ever had at Ray's is wonderful!

Visited January 2013