“Lovely hotek” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston
“Lovely hotek”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

We checked in for one night at this property ... easy check in...

Was upgraded to a suite...very spacious...comfortable bed...great shower...big tv in the room as well as microwave and refrigerator.

Friendly staff...very quiet room...will definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

This hotel is everything you expect in a hampton, clean rooms, comfortable bed, free breakfast, etc. The reviews saying the place is run down seem unfounded to me. My room was a king suite on the top floor on the woods side of the building near the rear. I didn't hear any road noise to speak of, and the room was absolutely spotless. The reviews about the wifi being bad didn't affect me in the room, as a matter of fact i'm typing this in the room right now. The only drawback may be that the hotel doesn't have a pool, but being winter that isn't important to me. Overall this hotel met my expectations, and for the price is a good value. The new courtyard costs about the same, but that rate doesn't include breakfast and some of the other extras you get with hampton inn. I would stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Stayed here on a quick business trip in June 2010.

Very disappointed with this hotel all the way around. Rooms on the east end of this hotel are right next to an extrememly busy road which apparently every trucker in the State of Texas uses to haul their goods through at 3 AM.

Wireless internet works half the time and kept kicking me off. Actually, the room I was in had such a bad connection I might as well have just gone to Starbucks and paid $4.95 an hour.

And as others have noted, the cleaning people at this hotel do not spend much time in each room. My bathroom was disgusting, with hair in the tub and a commode that had not been cleaned well.

Also, having been a 4-year Hilton Honors Diamond, I am used to being offered an upgrade. The staff at this hotel didn't even mention my Diamond status and just gave me a standard room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

Paid $300 for 2 nights in advance....no refund available. Staff was rude...elevator extremely slow...room was mediocre. This year they want $350 for two nights...I don't spend that much in Houston! Will stay anywhere but Hampton in Lufkin!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Captiva, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Inn. Our room had a huge area of mold on the ceiling and a large hole in the carpet just before you walked in the bathroom. The front desk clerk was not helpful so we asked for the manager to call us. We never received a call. We will not stay here again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Room was clean and plenty large. The hotel and the rooms are worn and need to be updated. When I arrived I waited at the front desk before the clerk came out of the back room to check me in. I am going to check out the Marriott down the street.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Beaumont Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

We booked a room five days in advance for a hurricane evacuation with check in on a Thursday. We received a call on Monday at 8:00pm cancelling our reservations. We were told the cancellation were due to a storm watch. My husband asks if we arrive on Thursday will your doors be locked and the answer was she didn't know. Nothing made sense and we were without a hotel room for the hurricane even though we called with plenty of advance notice. We then called Director of Communication of Hilton and were told they never close the hotels unless a mandatory evacuation is called. They really got to us. Don't count on them!!!! They will let you down and put the screws to you!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — They can't be trusted
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Hampton Inn and Suites Lufkin? Share your experiences!