“DISREGARD ALL BAD REVIEWS!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Lufkin
“DISREGARD ALL BAD REVIEWS!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Before I chose this hotel I read a few reviews and was a little iffy of whether or not to stay here but I'm glad I did! Lufkin is my hometown so when I came to visit my mom I knew of a few places to stay but the prices were ridiculous! $100+ for a room wasn't in my budget. I paid $74.99+ tax which came to $82. When I got to the room I was very surprised! It looked like I was in best western or comfort suites! Nice big flat screen, very clean shower, no smell whatsoever and the bed was clean and comfy. No holes in my comforter, the sheets were white as could be, pillows nice and fluffy and clean not to mention free wifi! Nice mini fridge and high tech microwave. Complimentary coffee (which was good and they have folgers fresh brewed in the lobby) and coffee maker blow dryer, iron and ironing board, CLEAN white towels and I LOVED THE SHOWER! I'm 6'0 and my boyfriend is 6'3 and we didn't have to bend over to wash our hair! That's better than my house! The water pressure was AMAZING! The toilet was white and CLEAN. My experience here was AMAZING and I wish we could stay longer! One thing for sure I'll never pay $120 at the marriott or best western again! This place was just as good for a lot cheaper! The location is close to everything. The outside is very appeasing to the eye but who cares? The inside is wonderful! If u have any problems the staff will fix or or you'll be refunded your money! Awesome awesome awesome! The staff is soooo nice! I just couldn't believe I had the experience I did at quality inn!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Galveston Island, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

From the young man who took my reservation & checked me in to the gentleman who went next door to aquire a crib & the lady who immediately assigned us a different room when we had a slight problem with the location of the first. "Great job all of you" The staff was absolutely wonderful. The rooms were nice with comfortable beds and cool a/c. I will stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lewisville, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

It's the last night of our very long trip. I should have taken the reviews more seriously. There are cobwebs on the ceiling and the sink smells when the water runs. I didn't smell it in the shower but the shower was difficult to adjust. Went to vending machine for water to take meds and it ate my money. Looks like there's no breakfast. Sounded like a noisy party going on last night but I believe it came from across the highway. From wherever, the beat pounded away and you can hear the traffic going by. There was no Kleenex. Room is large.

Room Tip: Get a room away from highway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very friendly staff. Quick check in with resevations. Room was clean. My only problem was the water. The water coming from the sink and shower smelled. The smell clung to my hair. Also there was not enough hot water. Only stayed one night. For the price would stay here again for an over night stay but not longer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights during Thanksgiving weekend and then again for two nights Christmas weekend. Both times we called, made reservations and requested a handicapped room because my husband has a broken leg and is on crutches. The first time we were there, we hung out the Do Not Disturb sign until we were ready to leave the room at 9:30 am, then removed the sign. When we returned we found that our room had not been cleaned at all. By then it was late so I just walked to registration, reported problem to clerk and requested new towels and wash cloths. The clerk never said a word to me, just handed me new towels. The microwave and coffee pot were arranged in such a way that the cords would not reach the outlet so we had to rearrange things so they could be plugged in.

The second time we were there, they had realized the outlet problem and had semi dealt with it by rearranging the microwave, but we still had to make adjustments to plug in the coffee maker. This time we did not hang out the Do Not Disturb sign so when the housekeeper knocked on our door about 9:00am, I told her we would be leaving the room about 9:30am. When we returned at the end of the day, the towels had been replaced but the wet washcloths were still hanging over the edge of the tub. When I went to prepare the coffee maker for the next morning, discovered that the coffee maker had not been washed but the coffee supplies had been replenished and the coffee maker unplugged. The TV never worked while we were there the second time. Yes, it was plugged in and we tried not only the remote control but also the power button on the TV. It just did not work. Even tried a different electrical outlet. By then we decided it was easier to just read because they weren't going to do anything about it at night anyway. Next trip we plan to stay at a different facility and won't go back there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Central Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Staff lady at check-in (Jesse) was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean, quiet, and everything worked as it should. Checkout next morning with Rachael was quick, efficient, and very pleasant. Much better than our last stay here. Nice folks, with a good restaurant inside the facility.

Room Tip: Ask if newer rooms are available.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mountain Home, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

had resevations. Check in fast and easy. desk clerk very nice. room dirty and shabby. non smokeing room smelled of smoke that they tried to cover up with spray. sink would not drain. walls and carpet were dirty. save your money and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!