“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Georgetown, United States
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Customer serivce was prompt & friendly. Room was clean, not too noisy. Didnt eat breakfast, but breakfast area appeared to be clean & set up well. I often choose La Quinta because of their pet policy, they are very accomodating. The area of this hotel was decent, with a Denny's right next door. I would stay here again if I was going through town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Good value and a great hotel if you have pets traveling with you. Comfortable beds too. The location off the main highway worked well for us. There is a large grassy park very close to walk dogs. We also find that having an outside entrance when traveling with dogs is much easier than having to go through locked doors to get to your room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

la porte, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Unless you have a prior reservation expect to pay more than double the price of a regular stay! Price gouging at it's worst. the accommodations are good though. The room was clean and the bed comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Denton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice, about a week apart, while in Lubbock on business.

From other La Quinta stays, I expected a little more, especially from the breakfast. However the breakfast was the biggest let down.

The first stay, I arrived late at night, the staff was very welcoming and had my room made up for me, when I got to the room, the lights were on, the ac was going, overall rather pleasant. I was a bit put off by the recently renovated note on this hotel, make no mistake, this is a very old property and it is pretty much that the rooms have been painted, big flat screen television that equal renovated. The bathroom is rather old, the doors all open outside, overall, just a fixed up old property. I will say, very comfortable bed, clean linens, decent coffee, all in all, a nice room for its age.

The breakfast was very disappointing. I am used to eggs, bacon or sausage, biskets and gravy, that kind of fare, from a La Quinta, not here though. Cold bagels, super small coffee cups, or juice, lots of cold food as the waffle machine was not working.

I did find a nice place across the street for breakfast.

With that all in mind, when I had to return to Lubbock a week later, I made a reservation here again. The second trip, well the front desk was not as welcoming when I got in. The room I was put in, right off the pool, was hideous. It was not cool from the get go, the door to the room looked like someone had beaten it open. The mini fridge was making a weird noise, finally unplugged it about 2 am so I could sleep. However the beds in this room left a lot to be desired, the first bed had a broken box spring, so I tried the second bed, a little better. Also the toilet kept running, had to deal with that. Overall I got about 3 hours of sleep. I went to the front desk and brought it up. The staff was very apologetic, switched my room (I was there for 4 days) and made it right.

I will say, 2 of the 3 rooms I had were nice and clean, the housekeeping staff takes care to do their job correctly.

During this trip the waffle machine was working, however I just chose Denny's next door for breakfast, much better overall. (awesome service there.)

All in all, there is adequate parking, a very good staff, the rooms are comfortable (unless you get the crappy one, hopefully they fixed it all by now). The property feels safe and that is a plus.

Basically, it is a decent hotel, just not one of the best of the brand.

With all that in mind, I would probably stay there again if I had to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very uncomfortable bed and very old hotel. Pictures and description are deciving and will never stay there again. Internet and phone did not work in the room and was very noisy. Was not able to eat the FREE breakfast because there was not enough tables to sit at and kitchen area was very small.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Farmers Branch, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We got to the hotel around 2 AM and found out that they did not have electricity in the rooms. The lady at the front desk told us that we could go to a different hotel but in all honesty we were too tired to argue. So I asked for a flashlight. Good thing she had one. I know that there are events that cannot be foreseen but I was not very happy with them about going into a dark room and having to keep the front door open (32 F that night) and a flashlight to be able to see around.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Lubbock - Downtown Civic Center? Share your experiences!