“Inexpensive - plain vanilla but nice” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Lubbock - Downtown Civic Center
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   601 Ave Q, Lubbock, TX 79401-2613   |
Ranked #29 of 56 hotels in Lubbock
Millstone, New Jersey
“Inexpensive - plain vanilla but nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I read the other negative reviews and almost canceled my reservation - but I didn't. First thing I did was take a big sniff for smoke when I opened the door - nothing!

L-shaped two-story property all with outdoor entrances.My room was on the first floor along the short side of the "L" - it the back of the building, The area was well lit at night but I wasn't too happy about the location.

The room was clean as was the bathroom. It's an older property so don't go looking for 'newness.' It's a place to stay while visiting - not a place to hang out with kids on a rainy day unless the kids bring their own electronic entertainment. Did not use the WiFi, The flat screen TV was new - 30 channels - king bed - clean sheets. Bathroom towels need to be replaced with fluffier ones. Iron and ironing board were all OK. There's a pool but I did not use it. Friendly staff. I got what i paid for.

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the short side of the building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I travel extensively due to the nature of my businesses. Having stated this, I have seen and stayed at a myriad of hotels. The amount of effort put into this review will mirror that of the effort I received from the staff.....meager, at best.

* If you have children, continue driving.
* If you travel alone and are cautious as to your security settings, continue driving.
* If you want anything remotely close to a breakfast, continue driving.
* If you hope to stay in a non-smoking room, given the nature of your reservation, continue driving.

Room Tip: Simply stated, keep driving down the road, OR, sleep in your car if need be. Suffice it to stay, yo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Midland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stay often at La Quinta’s across Texas, this has to be the absolute worst. Thinking a motel close to the Civic Center would be nice I booked a weekend away for my wife & myself. Room smelled heavily of smoke the bathroom particularly the toilet was filthy (poop). Called the front desk requested the room be cleaned as we went to dinner three hours later the room is still filthy. Called the desk and they sent a lady from housekeeping to clean the bathroom, after she left I had to get a live roach from the floor so my wife could use the restroom. Went to front desk to complain and was told I would be credited $25 on my bill. I informed them I would be checking out in the morning as my wife wanted to leave immediately. The next morning the TV didn’t work and when I checked out I was only credited $20. What a joke La Quinta needs to take this place back under corporate ownership it is a black eye on their name. I will continue to stay at La Quinta’s but never again at this one!!!
Terry K.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Always stay at La Quinta Lubbock, TX on our way to/from Taos, NM each year. Service /room are always excellent. Checking in/out is easy and the staff is very helpful. For some reason our two Labs (Bella and Bruno) love staying their maybe because La Quinta is pet friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our stay at this La Quinta was not satisfactory. Our first room had the pungent smell of cigarette smoke, so we were moved to a second room. This room had tons of little gnat-like bugs in the bathroom. Completely unacceptable. We had already moved once, so we kept the bathroom door shut and woke up nice and early to get out of the room. The staff and location were nice - the quality of the room was not.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Lubbock - Downtown Civic Center? Share your experiences!