“Don't book online & expect good service!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel

You added Clarion Hotel to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3201 South Loop 289, Lubbock, TX 79423 (Formerly Holiday Inn Lubbock Park Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Snyder, Texas
“Don't book online & expect good service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked here through Expedia which I normally do. Was late checking into the room because I went straight to my training which was held at the hotel. When I finally made it to the room, I passed dogs barking at me from other rooms which didn't bode well: I NEVER want to stay in an animal room, ever. But that is what I got. It was an outside room which meant that every person who stayed up all night walking around, included me in their adventures. I mentioned the animal room the next morning to the front desk & she said that her manager told her the very day before that whoever books online, will get what is booked by the company, no matter what that is. I've never had this happen before & will not go back to this Holiday Inn. The front desk attendant was also not happy with her manager!

Room Tip: no tips, sorry!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brian Scott A, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
First, we would like to thank you for your comments and for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. Second, there are many variables that can effect the availability of a room option with us. 50% of our rooms are of the type where you do have an exterior entry that allows many travelers to park directly in front of their rooms, and these are also the rooms that we state are pet friendly. I apologize, if while booking online you were not given an option to book the second option for our hotel, which is the interior or atrium entry rooms. In most cirumstances we will make arrangements to meet requests for room location changes, as long as they are available. As for noise and other guests, I will apologize to you for their behavior and let you know we do patrol the exterior areas to keep such guests as manageable as possible. The attitude of my staff was also unacceptable and will be addressed. Again, thank you for staying and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in every way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a clean hotel, not fancy. The rooms are very large, an older hotel but updated with nice linens and comfortable bed. Our king, non-smoking room was cleaned every day and fresh towels supplied. The buffet breakfast had great waffles and biscuits with gravy/sausage. Our request for a room away from the pool, elevators and highway noise was granted. Flat screen TV and sitting area. Location was convenient and great restaurants close by: Texas Land & Cattle, Buns Across Texas were good finds.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the pool and elevators and that was away from the Highway. We had no n...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We truly appreciate such nice comments and hope to see you again soon. Without comments like yours we would not have the opportunity to improve upon our services, and the feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to celebrate service and show appreciation to our staff.
Weatherford, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is terrible on the outside-the inside was clean but old-air system old so very hot -bed old so sank down-cigarette buds all in stairs outside-no landscaping-needs to be torn down and new one built

• Stayed July 2013
Brian Scott A, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We are deeply sorry that you found some aspects of the Holiday Inn Park Plaza less than satisfactory. Without comments like yours we would not have the opportunity to improve upon our services, and the feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome all opportunities to improve, and definitely apologize for the issues you discussed above; we will look into them. We are striving to improve our services and our product, so issues like yours do not occur for our future guests. Thank you for your comments, we hope we can serve you again, and give you a better experience.
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Staff was beyond helpful during our stay. We were right off of the loop s otravel time was great. The rooms were extremely large and the beds were far better than anything I have ever slept on. Cant wait to return to Lubbock to stay here again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Thus, they lack the professionalism and courtesy of most Holiday Inn's I have stayed in. I stay with the Holiday Inn Express whenever possible. This reservation was made on the 1-800 number and I didn't realize it wasn't an Express. My reservation and the person on the phone said breakfast was included. I printed it out and took it to the counter and was told "that's wrong." They expect me to pay $11 for breakfast when I have documentation stating breakfast was included. Additionally, every Express I stay at gives me a little goodie bag with a bottle of water and snack. It's a nice gesture, and the bottle of water gets me through the night. Not here. I agree with previous poster, staff treats you like an inconvenience. I will never stay here again, all over what cost them about $3 to give me breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Brian Scott A, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We want to apologize for the issues you had with our front desk staff with concerncs to the breakfast being included in your rate. I know I personally helped several people who booked with third parties and their rate did not include breakfast, yet there is some sort of misprint that said it was included. In these cases we still provided them breakfast, so I am very concerned that someone on our staff did not take care of you and your party in this regard. We are looking into this issue and again apologies for the inconvenience.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel numerous times. I'm sure this was an awesome hotel when it was new, but in need of updating , repairs and carpet cleaning! Good breakfast selection. Convenient to Texas Tech. Ample parking if you are pulling camper or trailers. Good Atrium area indoors to sit and visit. Good a/c in rooms and comfy beds. Would stay here again, even with the negative comments.

Room Tip: Inside rooms face atrium/pool...outside to the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brian Scott A, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We would like to thank you for staying with us and for your comments on TripAdvisor. Without comments like yours we would not have the opportunity to improve upon our services. We welcome all opportunities to improve, and definitely apologize for the issues you discussed above; we will look into them. We are striving to improve our services and our product, so issues like yours do not occur for our future guests. Thank you for your comments, we hope we can serve you again, and give you a better experience.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

A large, older Holiday Inn with some kind of rain forest theme. This made staying there like living in a jungle swamp with dripping ceilings in the common areas. The staff was as unhelpful as they could possibly be and the restaurant was not good at all for dinner and not much better for breakfast. Food trays from room service looked like they had sat in the halls for days. All of the employees seemed to be bothered that we were there.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped...find another motel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brian Scott A, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!