“immaculate!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 56 hotels in Lubbock
Longmont, Colorado, United States
“immaculate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I have never seen a cleaner hotel! And the staff was all wonderfully accommodating. I didn't want to go home!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
KristinMurray, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lubbock Park Plaza, responded to this review, October 27, 2011

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Abilene, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel. The first was a while back. Since then they have updated their rooms. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are a good size and now have updated beds, furniture, TVs, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. It looks like the only thing that wasn't updated was the phone. Also, the hotel's location is great. It's away from all the road construction in Lubbock and near all the major shopping centers and restaurants.

We definitely wouldn't mind staying here again next time we're in town.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am excited that you were pleased with the updates that were made since your last stay. My staff and I look forward to serving you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011 via mobile

I don't know why there aren't more mentions of the beautiful atrium at this hotel! The plants and trees are so big and healthy. It literally looks like a jungle surrounding the indoor pool. It really makes for a beautiful place to stay. I don't have a family but I imagine this would be a great place to bring them. The rooms, showers, floors, ect were very clean. The front desk was polite and even the maid service, after sleeping in and checking out late, was very sweet when I apologized. Honestly can't come up with one complaint. All around great place to stay. I come to Lubbock often and will be planning to stay here everytime. Did I mention the beautiful atrium?

• Stayed October 2011
KristinMurray, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lubbock Park Plaza, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next trip to the Lubbock area. Please do not hesitate to call if you need anything.

Kristin Murray
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011 via mobile

Great hotel, great location. Kids LOVE that the pool is indoors. Desk clerks were helpful with check in/outs.

• Stayed July 2011

Kristin Murray
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Stayed here during a Tech game weekend. We were not attending this game but a concert. I was not told that I had a exterior room. And this was a girls trip (2 Moms and 3 kids) You would think for the money I paid for 2 rooms we would have had a interior room. This hotel needs to have a 2 star ranking since they still offer exterior rooms. I have stayed here before and I paid 1/4 the price. Crazy that they can raise prices 4 times the amount of normal rate and make you stay on the exterior. Also you do not get a free breakfast.... not even cereal or juice. Never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
KristinMurray, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lubbock Park Plaza, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. We appreciate your business and appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. All feedback from guests is extremely appreciated, and your notes will be used to better train our staff and help us to improve our services and product. . I would love the opportunity to speak with you about your stay. Your business is important to us and we strive for all of our customers to have a pleasant experience. Please feel free to contact me at my direct line 806-784-1601 or by e-mail at kmurray@hipplubbock.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011 via mobile

I live about an hour outside Lubbock, & we stayed at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza for the weekend of my 30th birthday, so my husband & I could go "out on the town" in Lubbock. The hotel was suggested to me by my sister, who had a great experience the last time she was in Lubbock. The lobby receptionist was very nice, and gave us great directions to our room. She even gave me an enthusiastic "Happy Birthday" when my husband told her why we were there. When we got to our room, it was very clean and well maintained. The AC worked great, and the TV (which my husband promptly sat down to watch) had a great variety of channels. It was very close to any restaurant we wanted to go to, and to the bar we went to to celebrate with friends. It felt like we were right in the middle of anything we would need! So convenient! The hotel staff was always so nice and accommodating. I will definitely be staying here again the next time I come to Lubbock for a "vacation", and I will definitely recommend it to my friends! Thanks Holiday Inn!

• Stayed September 2011
KristinMurray, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lubbock Park Plaza, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. We appreciate your business and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to call. Sincerely, Kristin Murray
Canadian, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed here during a football game, so prices all over town were inflated, as to be expected. We payed $209+tax, knowing it was too much, but expecting at least a clean, safe stay for the weekend. WRONG!!! When we checked in we were given two free warm beers and a key to SOMEONE ELSE'S ROOM!! Imagine my surprise when I walked in on that poor guy. Made me feel super safe. When I requested an 'interior room' they said they couldn't give me one, and repeatedly told me that "the room we gave you shows that it's clean and available." After 50 excuses, we got another exterior room. The room looked somewhat updated with regard to the 'newer' wallpaper and updated bed linens. The carpet was stained, and the bathroom wasn't very clean. To be honest, I tried with all my might to avoid touching the shower curtain the morning we were leaving b/c it was so gross. Coffee pot on a small, out of place table. No fridge or microwave. Certainly no frills hotel, but also NO extra effort from the cleaning staff! Also enjoyed the mounds of dust/hair on the top of the wall tiles in the bathroom. I'm just glad I was so exhausted I fell right asleep when we got back to the room that evening. Would stay in my car next time before staying here again!

Room Tip: I certainly did not feel safe with an exterior room. I strongly suggest requesting an interior room...