“Worst experience. Room was dirty. ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites

You added MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   801 Ave. Q, Lubbock, TX 79401 (Formerly Holiday Inn Lubbock-Hotel & Towers)   |
Ranked #33 of 57 Hotels in Lubbock
“Worst experience. Room was dirty. ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was the worst experience I've had at a hotel in Lubbock! Our non-smoking room smelled like masked smoke, there was food/coffee on the walls that hadn't been cleaned, dirt/dust in every corner, "curly" hair covered the bathrooms and was all over the bedding. It looked like the cleaning crew spent two minutes making the bed, sprayed febreeze and then rented it out to the next guest. I've never been so disgusted with a hotels lack of cleanliness. DO NOT STAY HERE. You will end up sleeping in your car like I did.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If I could give zero stars I would. We reserved a room online. The reservation stated a check in time for 3pm. We drove in from Austin TX for a graduation that started at 4pm, so we thought this would work well and give us a few minutes to change and freshen up. When we arrived, the front desk told us they had no rooms ready and that they didn't know why the reservation online stated 3pm when their check-in time is 4pm. The front desk lady went on to say she didn't know if they had rooms ready because house keeping hadn't updated the system then proceeded to just stand there and stare at me with a look of why are you bothering me on her face. I asked to speak to the manager on duty, Anastacia D., and come to find out I was already speaking to her. She could care less about the mix up and didn't budge off of the "mistake" on the online reservation. She offered no apology and seemed to care less. So, after a few phone calls and finding availability at Country Inn and Suites, we canceled our reservation. We were able to check into our new reservation at Country Inn and Suites a little after 3pm and make the graduation just in time. I wouldn't stay here if you expect any type of decent customer service, seeing as the manager on duty has no customer service orientation. They were very busy, I assume due to the graduation, and MCM Elegante in Lubbock TX seemed very ill prepared for any community event. Save yourself from some frustration and book somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If I could give this 0 stars I would!!! First of all don't think you're going to walk into this place and see a big beautiful fountain like you see in the pictures on google because that's not the case at all matter a fact we never saw it at all so if this so called fountain is there then it must be in a whole other building. We arrived to this hotel at night when we had to stay in Lubbock unexpected, of course we did our research before we booked over the phone and saw good reviews and nice pictures online but boy were we wrong!! When we went to the front to check in as soon as the doors open it reeks of Beer and liquor from the bar that's right next to the check in counter in which they call the "Chill Zone"! There was a bunch of drunk people in the lobby and it seemed very unprofessional. I should have made that a red flag right away. So I go to the check in counter and a girl with blue hair checks us in, she was polite though. We get the keys and she says we are on floor 5 so we go out back to the car and of course there is no parking to be found.. at all.. we don't have a Bugatti so It didn't need to be right up front but the fact that we had to park all the way behind the hotel in the back corner where there is no lighting had me worried all night being as it doesn't look like this hotel is in the good part of town to begin with. We got our bags and went up to our room as soon as we hit the elevator that should've been another red flag it was so old and very sketchy we got to floor 5 and the roof was so low! my husband is 6'4 and practically had to duck down just walking down the hall way! We get to the room and we scan the card the door knob turns but the door doesn't open... why is that. That's because we had to literally shoulder check the door to open it because of all the gunk around it that keeps it shut! GROSS! We walk in and EVERYTHING is old. From the 70's carpet to the old school sink and tub. The beds were definitely not queens! They had to be Full size because they were so tiny! There is only about 3 lamps to light up the entire room so expect a dark night.. It was a little cold in the room so right away we didn't mess with the AC but it soon got hot so we went to turn the AC on and it starts but doesn't blow air at all and then it shut off and never turned back on. We told the front and they said they would send someone up to fix it. That never happened! So we told them again and they said they would move us to another room but that never happened either!! So here I am now 3 in the morning in hot sweats in a 70's style hotel room with outdated furniture smelling like an old persons house. We paid $129.99 plus tax for a 2 queen beds standard room then with tax it came out to about $146.99 ish? So! Here I am wondering what I paid this much for?... Well let me tell you! You are paying for the Starbucks coffee packets that they give you in your room, The Bath & Body Works Brand Mini Shampoos and Soaps in the room, the thin cottonelle toilet paper and the buffet style breakfast. When we checked out in the morning I addressed them in the morning about the AC situation and never once did we get a sorry or anything of the such a girl at the front desk simply wrote down that the AC was broken on a sticky note and placed it on a wall and walked away. This hotel should be named NOT ELEGANTE! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Save your money!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've stayed at the Embassy Suites and the No. 1 rated Hampton Inn but this hotel far exceeds them both in exceptional service. The staff of this well-located hotel prides itself on
making guests feel at home. We had been working with Sales Manager Janie Zuniga for six months to house our guests and host the rehearsal dinner for our son and daughter-in-law's wedding weekend in April. Her prompt response to all our emails and calls was very reassuring as we made plans from Houston in advance of the weekend. Upon checking in we were warmly welcomed by the front desk staff including Shiba. Everyone was most helpful. The rooms and suites were spacious and comfortable. The Parlor Suites for the guests with center living room we used as a hospitality suite, were large and well-appointed. From the bartender at the Chill Zone to the waitstaff in the restaurant, everyone went out of their way to greet us and make sure all our needs were met. The food for both breakfast (included with every room) and luncheon buffets were an delicious and an excellent value. Every request was handled quickly and efficiently. We want to especially recognize the banquet staff that went above and beyond in setting up for our rehearsal dinner including numerous last minute changes to upgrade the event. They include Carlos Rojo who "ran the show" from setting up necessary projection and speakers to beautifully decorating the serving tables. His staff of Steven Finch, Lena Hooker (bartender extraordinaire), Scottie Sims, Ronald Woods and Richard Teroy made sure our event ran smoothly throughout the preparation and evening. We couldn't have been more pleased. The only negative we noted would have been a few housekeeping issues in the rooms which could have been better. The hotel was hosting numerous groups that weekend and possibly was a little short-staffed in housekeeping. That being said, it was a wonderful experience from beginning to end and all our wedding guests complimented the hotel. The MCM Elegante will be our new "home" whenever we come to Lubbock.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

Stayed here for business last week- convenient walk to the Lubbock Civic Center. Hotel is in a kind of shady/deserted downtown area...it looked like the hotels closer to Texas Tech were nicer.

My room had water stains and the bathroom had mold on the ceiling. My room was not cleaned every day. I think the hotel overall could use a face lift- things seemed a little dusty and unclean all around.

On the plus side, free wifi and very comfy bed!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

Spent 2 nights over last weekend (March 13-15) with my teenager. I would consider it a 3 star hotel, and a very good deal for this level. Staff is very friendly and has a 'can-do' attitude, which is an asset to any hotel. We were surprised to see that a free breakfast is included! Not just an apple and a toast, but a full buffet with a made-by-order omelette and pancake station! This is definitely a 4-star feature. Wi-Fi is free but alas, a bit slow. We had to postpone our downloads until we got to a local Starbucks.

Room was spacious with nice HBO selection on TV. Water pressure in the shower (very important!) was amazing! An we were up at the 6th and last floor. Make sure to ask for the wing where the main entrance and reception desk are. There is another wing with an atrium which could be nosier. Apropos noise, walls are pretty thin, so if you're sensitive to noise, bring your earplugs. It depends who are your neighbors. We had a group of teenagers traveling for Spring break. At 1am I had to ask them to knock it off :-).

They have an indoor pool, but we didn't try it. Gym looks tiny. At the lobby there is a bar/cafe that serves alcohol and Starbucks coffee (it's not a "real" Starbucks). During breakfast the waitress was very kind and brought me double espresso from the bar. In another occasion, around 9pm, we felt like having something to bite. We went down to the restaurant and ordered some food and took it up to the room. No problem!

Overall, a very good hotel!

Room Tip: 6th floor (highest), NOT in the atrium wing.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

When I went to my room, it was very dusty so I called down and told the front desk that my room needed to be cleaned. The tub also had dirt in it as well. During our stay, we found that the tub drained slowly and the hot water was hit and miss. In addition, my students' room was not cleaned during one day of our stay. On another day of our stay, our rooms were being cleaned at 7:30 at night. I did not understand that. The housekeeper made my students help her pick up the trash in their room. In another room, she asked if the room needed to be cleaned! That is too strange! In the lobby there were some drunk men at the bar as well. I was also told that the bartender was rude as well. This hotel is nothing like the pictures-- not elegante!! The place had a strange feel to it. The only thing that was decent about the hotel was the breakfast. I will never stay at this chain again!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!