“Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites

You added MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   801 Ave. Q, Lubbock, TX 79401 (Formerly Holiday Inn Lubbock-Hotel & Towers)   |
Ranked #28 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Odessa, Texas
“Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great people Good Time will not stay any where else next time in Lubbock !!!!!!!!!!! Room was clean ,nice bed, room was great. I could have stayed more but I have a boss . hade a early check in was there at 8:30 and late check out at 2:00 Thanks

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Denver, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The room smelled overwhelmingly of a perfume obviously meant to cover up something. After seeing the bathroom, it was clearly meant to hide the smells of mold and mildew! We will not be tempted to make a return visit to this establishment!

• Stayed January 2015
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I chose the MCM Elegante for an upcoming wedding reception after visiting various times for community events. I love how involved the staff is in the community, and the welcoming feeling that greets you when walking in the door. The amenities are top notch - in-room coffee is from Starbucks, and is made with a Keurig. The bath products are from Bath and Body Works, and smell divine! What makes the whole experience, however, is truly the staff - particularly the event staff. They will do absolutely whatever it takes to make sure your event is smooth and stress-free. The interior is nice, and was updated during the conversion. There is an indoor pool, which is great in the winter months or on windy days. The glass elevator in the rear by the fountain is really lovely, and offers a great view of the hotel. The restaurant is delicious - and offers a FULL complimentary continental breakfast instead of the usual cold cereal or expensive meal found in most other restaurants. The value is unmatched. I work in the area and have stopped by for lunch as well. Lunch prices are very reasonable, and the food was plentiful and tasty. The salad bar was well maintained. it was easy to get in and out in under an hour.

I have visited numerous hotels and event facilities in the area, and can attest that the MCM Elegante is truly the best. No where else will you find as comprehensive an experience - particularly for the price. You may be able to find a trendier or fancier spot in town, but you will pay out the nose for it. The MCM Elegante is a great value, has great facilities, wonderful staff, and truly cares about the Lubbock community.

Room Tip: The suites in the back by the fountain are lovely. They also have two very large suites with HUGE co...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

This was a wonderful place to stay. It is a little dated but it is clean and comfortable and the people we as nice as could be when we checked in in the middle of the night. They even brought a wheelchair out for me since I was so sore from the long drive. The room service was timely and good. The coffee was great! If I ever find myself in Lubbock again, I will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for the suite! It is worth the extra money!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014

A lot of other reviewers have mentioned the need for updates- I agree. The hotel is decent but showing its age. On the upside, the rooms are roomy and fairly clean. Beds and pillows are good. Staff was helpful and cheerful. Food in the restaurant was good with lots of nearby alternatives. The shower was excellent. On the downside, the desk/chair combinations are horrible. The chair had an adjustment range of about 1". I'm a writer and trying to get some typing done with the desk at chin height was impossible. In the bathroom, the toilet lid wouldn't stay up and I had to use a draped towel to hold it up so I could pee. We were here for a large convention and it was the official hotel. I'd stay here again if had to and I'd be happy enough, but if I were given a choice, I'd probably look around.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Norman, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

The room itself was quite spacious and more than ample. The problem was in the bathroom. The plumbing was suspect and the shower curtain (yes, curtain) showed black spots and wear. I'm not the most picky guest in the world, but cleanliness and bathrooms are important to me. Based on what I encountered, I'd probably look elsewhere next time. This hotel has been under other names in the past and has some years on it. It appears the staff is trying, but age may be catching up with the property. The location is good and there are numerous restaurants close by.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Consumers beware!! The Positive - the wait staff in the restaurant was A++. The food (buffet style) was terrific...hats off to the chef. This hotel is old and is definitely not worth the money I paid for my stay. They quadruple the prices on game day The MAX amount should be somewhere in the $39-$49 range. There were stains on the carpet in the room, and a ceiling tile missing in the elevator, the drink machine took my money, I could go on and on with the little things. Per the website, check-in is at 3pm....HA! An announcement was made after 4 pm, that we could begin check in...imagine my surprise when I got to the counter and was told that my rooms weren't ready, however I could get into a suite immediately for an additional $30. Seriously, $30 for a sub par hotel. When I pressed the issue and insisted I would take a suite for the exact same price as my original room due to the inconvenience I was caused...lo and behold, the rooms I reserved SUDDENLY became available. The rooms were always available as I took the liberty to knock on a few doors on the way to my room...hmmm....no one answered my knocks. Beware of the shady business practice. Hopefully, I will NEVER have to stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be ideal....but do come back for the buffet.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!