“Beacon in the night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites

You added MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   801 Ave. Q, Lubbock, TX 79401 (Formerly Holiday Inn Lubbock-Hotel & Towers)   |
Ranked #29 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Austin, Texas, United States
“Beacon in the night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a wonderful place to stay. It is a little dated but it is clean and comfortable and the people we as nice as could be when we checked in in the middle of the night. They even brought a wheelchair out for me since I was so sore from the long drive. The room service was timely and good. The coffee was great! If I ever find myself in Lubbock again, I will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for the suite! It is worth the extra money!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A lot of other reviewers have mentioned the need for updates- I agree. The hotel is decent but showing its age. On the upside, the rooms are roomy and fairly clean. Beds and pillows are good. Staff was helpful and cheerful. Food in the restaurant was good with lots of nearby alternatives. The shower was excellent. On the downside, the desk/chair combinations are horrible. The chair had an adjustment range of about 1". I'm a writer and trying to get some typing done with the desk at chin height was impossible. In the bathroom, the toilet lid wouldn't stay up and I had to use a draped towel to hold it up so I could pee. We were here for a large convention and it was the official hotel. I'd stay here again if had to and I'd be happy enough, but if I were given a choice, I'd probably look around.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Norman, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room itself was quite spacious and more than ample. The problem was in the bathroom. The plumbing was suspect and the shower curtain (yes, curtain) showed black spots and wear. I'm not the most picky guest in the world, but cleanliness and bathrooms are important to me. Based on what I encountered, I'd probably look elsewhere next time. This hotel has been under other names in the past and has some years on it. It appears the staff is trying, but age may be catching up with the property. The location is good and there are numerous restaurants close by.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Consumers beware!! The Positive - the wait staff in the restaurant was A++. The food (buffet style) was terrific...hats off to the chef. This hotel is old and is definitely not worth the money I paid for my stay. They quadruple the prices on game day The MAX amount should be somewhere in the $39-$49 range. There were stains on the carpet in the room, and a ceiling tile missing in the elevator, the drink machine took my money, I could go on and on with the little things. Per the website, check-in is at 3pm....HA! An announcement was made after 4 pm, that we could begin check in...imagine my surprise when I got to the counter and was told that my rooms weren't ready, however I could get into a suite immediately for an additional $30. Seriously, $30 for a sub par hotel. When I pressed the issue and insisted I would take a suite for the exact same price as my original room due to the inconvenience I was caused...lo and behold, the rooms I reserved SUDDENLY became available. The rooms were always available as I took the liberty to knock on a few doors on the way to my room...hmmm....no one answered my knocks. Beware of the shady business practice. Hopefully, I will NEVER have to stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be ideal....but do come back for the buffet.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Midland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We stayed here for game day weekend, so all hotels are outrageous for low quality. We got a handicap room, so the shower was walk in and water got all over the floor and there was very low water pressure. In addition, you can hear doors shutting, people talking and people walking above you. I will say that the bed and pillows were very comfortable and the employees were all very helpful! The bar gave us complimentary water bottles. The rooms are a good size as well, just don't expect your best night of sleep here.

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid noise
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

If this hotel was in DFW, San Antonio, Austin, etc., it would be a 3-star review. But for Lubbock, this is a 4-star stay! We were in town for the TTU vs Kansas game on 10/18/14. When we arrived, I wasn't impressed, as the exterior of the hotel looked faded (which I am sure is due to the beat down the West Texas sun dishes out). But the outside was misleading. The inside of the hotel appears to have been refreshed in the last 5-10 years and was appealing. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast was robust! I left every morning stuffed and ready for a nap! The hotel staff were friendly as well. This hotel is very close to the Texas Tech campus. Overall, I was pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: The atrium area is a long walk from the front desk.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

Honestly there was one staff member that made my whole trip, I stayed at the MCM on a conference in Lubbock for 4 days, I wasn't sure what to expect considering I have never even heard of this amazing town. Ronald from banquets was hands down one of the most humble hard working people I have met in my life, It was a pleasure to have him alongside our conference for the 4 days. The rooms are regular hotel rooms the only thing was my AC made the sound of a race car at night, i did notice some roaches here and there but it happens. The restaurant staff was also great, the free breakfast in the morning is delicious, they have an omelette bar and plenty of options. Texas Tech is down the street and they have a pretty cool nightlife district. I would recommend the MCM Elegante.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!