“Excellent Stay with Wonderful Service” 5 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Lubbock
Certificate of Excellence 2014
El Paso, United States
“Excellent Stay with Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly and awesome regardless of what time of day. My family and I truly enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the complimentary dinners. We will stay there whenever we visit Lubbock.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I’m so glad you were
able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We can’t wait to see you again soon. SAFE TRAVELS!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Prairie Village, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This Hampton Inn is a very nice hotel. The rooms are clean and neat, but a bit on the small size for 2 queen beds. The breakfasts are very good - nice selection and very generous portions. They even include sugar free syrup for the waffles. The evening Manager's Reception includes beer, wine and snacks - very nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful - super service. The only downside to the hotel is the cost if you are planning to stay during a weekend when there is a football game at Texas Tech - then the room rate at least doubles and there is a 2-night minimum (and, you cannot use a combination of points and cash to pay for the room). In addition it is a 10-15 minute drive to the university, and traffic is extremely heavy during rush hours. We would gladly stay here again, but not on a game weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your review and thank you for considering our hotel to stay at while here in Lubbock. We take a lot of pride into making our guests feel like their part of our family especially during Texas Tech home games. It's one of the most exciting parts of the year to transform our hotel in all Texas Tech with also a few decor of our opponents.
Especially on those special events weekend we like to make sure we're especially on top of everything.
When there's a special events weekend unfortunately there is an increase in our rates and we continue working on making sure we can still accommodate our guests with having reasonable pricing.
If there's anything we could to help you next time please let me know.

Thanks again!

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for 60 days consecutively. This hotel has essentially been my home away from home. The accommodations themselves have been excellent. The room was spotless when I checked in and the staff have kept it so for the entirety of my stay. The laundry facility is clean, to include the machines themselves. The fitness room is better equipped than the majority of other facilities I have stayed in. Not many Hotels have a treadmill and an elliptical machine and a weight set, most offer a treadmill and some variation of a home gym system. The meals/food service offer a good variety for breakfast. The dinners have been well prepared and well presented. The food looks and tastes fresh. The dining area and food presentation area is clean and appealing.

Where this Hotel truly shines is the staff. Without exception each have gone out of their way to see that my stay has been comfortable, and that the accommodations have been better than just "acceptable". Because I am not familiar with the community, they have been ready to answer my questions, give directions, make recommendations, and otherwise offer assistance. In the hospitality business, sometimes hotel employees forget the hospitality and concentrate on business. That is not true of the employees here. Absolutely Top Notch

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel while home away from away. We know it's not never easy being away from loved ones, while traveling for business, so we want you to feel like you're a part of our Hampton Family.
When I shared the great review that you submitted about the hotel and the team, they were so happy to make a difference.
During your stay with us if there's anything we could do to better your experience, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Hospitably-

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel! It is very nice and the staff really appreciates their customers. I had a very good experience with Joel in maintenance. He helped my son with the t.v ad then asked my son if he was interested in board games. I recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in Lubbock Tx

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your most recent stay and thank you for your great review. I'm so happy to know that you were able to feel the warmth of our Hamptonality.
When Joel, our maintenance man, found out he helped make your stay great he was so happy.
We hope to see you soon!

Safe Travels!

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed here one night for a business trip.

Pro's:
Large room.
Nice amenities.
Nice comforter and pillows.
Decent wi-fi speed.

Con's:
A few stains on the carpet.
A stain on the bed sheet. (it was washed, just had a stain)
The biggest con however was that the housekeeping staff was banging on my door very early the day of check out, usually the housekeeping crews wait longer the day of check out to clean out a room. And then were very loud in the hallway, yelling back and forth. I'm all for a great house keeping crew, but it would be a lot better if they started after (at least) 9AM not before 8am.
After getting in very late and not getting to sleep till 2am the unwelcome wakeup call wasn't exactly welcomed. I don't think is the fault of the house keeping staff, but whoever is setting the schedules.

All in all, a nice place that could use a little TLC in some areas and a better schedule for the housekeeping crew.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for your most recent stay and thank you for your review. We pride ourselves in having all of our guests have an ultimate experience so the issued you faced during your stay, I assure you that won't happen again and I truly apologize for.
We will continue getting better increasing cleanliness standards and taking your input and reacting to them so no other guests experience the same issues you did.
If you'd like to discuss the matter further feel free to give me a call.

Thank you!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This gem was a pleasant part of my trip. I was here on business for 3 days and the staff (Jonathan & Robert especially) made my stay comfortable and pleasant.

The room was very clean, all staff friendly, greeting me with a smile and always gracious to give advice on dining and directions too. :-)

It made my stay a pleasurable home away from Home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your most recent stay and thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you while you were here for business.
Both Jonathan and Robert were so ecstatic when I told them they help make your stay great. They really appreciate the great compliment.
We hope to see you soon on your next travel date to Lubbock.

Santa Anna, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

There is nothing bad to say about this hotel. All was great as usual. I slept well. The beds were so comfortable. The employees were so friendly and nice. The hotel was clean. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from near the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and thank you for your most recent stay.
I'm so glad you were able to have another great experience with us and were able to feel the warmth of our Hamptonality.
We hope to see you soon!

Safe Travels from your Friends and Family at the Hampton Inn & Suites

Christina Gandhi

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest? Share your experiences!