“Rattle and Hum” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 56 hotels in Lubbock
Denver, Colorado
“Rattle and Hum”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights and had to listen to the AC kicking on every 30 minutes as there was no functioning fan feature. That is, the wall controller had a note on it that it did not work and to directly control the AC by using the dial. Yes, I had AC but it rattled and hummed waking me up every 30 minutes like an old ice maker. When I talked to someone at the front desk they said that they had no other rooms and the reason for the wall controller not working was because of a lightning strike that ruined many of these controllers and they have not replaced all of them. I asked to speak to a manager... no luck. I'm sure they will comment on how sorry they are and how important I am as a customer..,,, right.... My comment would be: "Fix your AC wall controllers and get back to your guests who have complaints." The hotel was expensive given the price gouging that goes on in the oil part of the nation. Expensive for what you get. In the evening there were so many people on the internet, it slowed significantly and you were better off just waiting until morning to get anything done on computer. Overall, this is an expensive place for what you get. I did like that they offered a happy hour with some nice food and drinks; however, it doesn't really matter if you didn't sleep well the night before. So much for "guarantees".

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that the wall AC controllers work.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CHRISTINA G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Lubbock and for sharing your feedback on the issue you encountered with the air conditioner in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. Please accept my sincere apology for not getting back to you sooner, this was unintentional and understandably upsetting. If you would like to discuss the matter further please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area so that we can show you the quality of service you deserve.
Sincerely

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

All of the people at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Lubbock, TX. ALWAYS exceed my expectations. It is as if they are a full service hotel. From check in, to breakfast bar to the managers reception every night with beer, wine, appetizers, etc., it exceeds my expecations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, and thank you for your stay with us. As this hotel, we understand that you have a choice for where to stay while traveling, and we're delighted you choose us. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and treating every guest as if they were our family member. I will be sure to let my team know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stay at hotels often traveling for work. I was in Lubbock July 19/20. The staff at this hotel are outstanding! Always willing to go above and beyond and very friendly. The team that picked me up from the airport (Lupe and a gentleman) were very friendly and helpful and Kymmy at the front desk was amazingly friendly. She even offered me a water after my morning work out. She asked how everything was and the gentleman cleaning the rooms saw me when I checked in and when I came back out, as he passed by, he asked me if my room was to my satisfaction! Which it was!! This visit, by far, exceeded my expectations and these ladies and gentlemen made my visit outstanding!! Thank you to the team at Hampton inn & Suites Lubbock, Southwest!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CHRISTINA G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for the great review about Lupe, Kymmy, and my entire staff. They all truly enjoy what they do and want every guest to have a great experience. They understand that while traveling on business, it can be difficult at times due to not being able to see family and friends, so while staying with us we want you to be part of our family/and or a friend in town.
So I will be sure to pass on the great review you just wrote about us to Lupe, Kymmy and the rest of TEAM HAMPTON.
We hope to see you soon!

The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My daughter is moving back to the states to attend Texas Tech. The entire staff was friendly and ready for the new and returning Red Raiders. Breakfast was ready every morning before 6am with healthy and filling choices. The hotel was kept beautifully clean while all the parents and kids were running in and out with boxes, trunks, bicycles and let's not forget hopes and dreams. Kymmy, who works the night shift there and having already gone through the "off to University" experience, was a blessing to us that had to get up early to "wake up" before the chaos. Thanks to the entire staff at Hampton and a special thanks to Kymmy

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review about my staff and my night auditor, Kymmy. Kymmy, truly has a passion on assisting all of our guests that stay with us, and understand the true meaning of Guest Satisfaction.
I'm so glad that you were able to experience the true Hamptonality of our staff especially our amazing night auditor.
We understand that it can be challenging but an exciting time to move in your loved one to school, that's why we hope we can to make your experience with us stress free and relaxing.
We hope to see you soon, and I'll be sure to let the staff and especially Kymmy know that great comments you said about her.

Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is fairly new facility and all areas were spotless. The staff and their attitude was the difference. All staff understood that we have choices in where we stay. They were professional and cheerful in all dealings with guests. Free breakfast was very good as afternoon reception was a nice touch. You will be returning here when in Lubbock.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review. We do appreciate every guest that stays at our hotel, and we truly understand that you do have a choice when stay in Lubbock, that's why we want to go above and beyond for every guest that stays with us.
The cheerfulness amongst the entire team is natural. We all love to serve our guest and make our guest feel like family.
I'm so glad you were able to experience the through Hamptonality and we hope to see you soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Was pleasantly surprised at all the complementary items available. Staff was helpful and rooms very comfortable. Rooms were clean, roomy with comfortable beds. Shower head was better than most hotels. I could feel pressure of water coming out of shower head. Rooms also included a coffee maker which was lacking in a recent trip to Las Vegas where I stayed at a major hotel on the strip! Staff was very helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: take advantage of the breakfast and also the evening options. Complementary for both and evening in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
CHRISTINA G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I’m so glad you were
able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We can’t wait to see you again soon.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our overall experience at this Hampton Inn was great. We were greeted promptly, they granted my request to update our room because I'm a Hilton Honors member, we received cold water bottles for each member of our family and we settled nicely into our beautiful room. Beds and bathroom linens were clean, everything in the room worked properly, and my kids thoroughly enjoyed the indoor pool.

The strange part was the lack of soundproofing. I had to tell my kids repeatedly to walk softly because the floors were so noisy. Also, we could easily hear the TV/people talking in the room next to us throughout our stay and could hear the water loudly running through the pipes when someone flushed or bathed.

This was so surprising to us because modern hotels are usually really good about soundproofing their rooms. Other than the sound issue, we were very impressed with the hotel and would probably stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CHRISTINA G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us in Lubbock. I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.
Christina Gandhi- General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest? Share your experiences!