“I'd eat here everyday if I could!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Lubbock, Texas
“I'd eat here everyday if I could!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

The food at La Diosa is fabulous! Love the tomato basil soup, the paninis, the tortas, the curry chicken salad, the desserts and, and, and... And don't forget the La Diosa sangria (you can take a bottle home with you too!). It's a gem and a reason to go downtown for lunch or dinner.

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lubbock, Texas
“Overrated!!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

We had heard really good things. Upon arriving we were strong-armed for a cover charge even though we planned to have dinner and a bottle of wine. We were seated in the back room, out of range of any music. The service was decent, food was fair. Was pretty disappointed in the wine selection (this is a wine cellar right?). Prices were affordable. Go there expecting a bar, band, and munchies and La Diosa will meet your expectations!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Midland, Texas
“Nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Where do you even start? When we got there, the hostess went to see about a table, then came back and handed us the menus and said "Your table is in the back". We thought it was a little odd that she didn't show us to the table, but we dealt with it. We ordered water to start with, and the waitress brings us a lukewarm bottle of water and four empty glasses - no ice. We ordered desserts, which were pretty good until a member of our group found a hair in the crust of her key lime pie. Although the waitress knew we were leaving, she didn't see any need to give us a ticket, which then caused the young lady at the cash register to become very frustrated with us. I had planned this portion of the evening thinking it would be a very nice relaxed atmosphere, and it nearly ruined my entire evening. I have no idea what restaurant everyone else is reviewing, but I will never even consider going back to this place!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

I really like La Diosa for their atmosphere. They have great wine choices, nice live music on weekends, and tables to sit at or couches to lounge on. I am not a big fan of their food, but I totally recommend it to hang out or just go for a drink. Don't get me wrong, the food is pretty decent, just not as great as the rest.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Lubbock, TX
“Fabulous bistro in the downtown Depot District”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

Love La Diosa. The atmosphere is artsy, and eclectic. The tapas are always fresh and well-prepared, and the wine list is local and far flung and very interesting.
Love their Sangria.
Live music with folk, jazz, and some harder stuff on certain nights.
Often times, these are top acts from Austin or the metroplex.

Great place to take a group out.

• 5 of 5 stars Food