“I felt like I went back in time... This is a REAL amusement park.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Joyland Amusement Park

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 18 Attractions in Lubbock
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: A family-sized and family-friendly amusement park.
Johnson City, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“I felt like I went back in time... This is a REAL amusement park.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

As the mom of a (then) 3 yr old little girl, I had a blast and so did she. She wanted to do every ride. She thought the bumper cars were hilarious. I could tell she thought we were crazy for running into each other on purpose. She wanted to sit on every animal on the merry-go-round. The only time she cried was when I told her she was too short to ride certain rides. The gondola ride was fun, but the seats were slippery enough that I had my arm wrapped around my daughter pretty securely. Can't wait to go back!

Visited August 2012

Canyon, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Great for a tiny theme park!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I always loved Joyland as a child. Even as a teen, I liked it. Mainly because Six Flags was 6 hours away.

Lubbock, Texas
“Great Family Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Fun for kids of all ages. They keep the grounds clean and well - lit. There are rides for every "adventure level". Joyland was always been a fun way to entertain my kids and their friends, now it's my grandkids.

Visited September 2012
“Costly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Pay to get in, pay for each ride and are poorly maintained. Don't risk it. There are some parks in the surrounding area.

Visited March 2013
“Fun place for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice variety of rides but wish there were more for the cost to get in. Galaxi rollercoaster was fun and not too scary :)