“LOTS LACKING” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Palms Hotel & Suites

The Palms Hotel & Suites
You added The Palms Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
The Palms Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6015 45th Street, Lubbock, TX 79407-3705 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #27 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Bedford, Texas, United States
“LOTS LACKING”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

While the staff was very friendly and helpful, this was this hotel's brightest spot. The bed was uncomfortable, the floors were dirty, getting the commode to flush was a chore, and the complimentary breakfast was disorganized to say the least, and most of it was either burnt or not cooked sufficiently. The worst thing was that the key cards to get into the room only worked sporadically. Just as we were about to give up, the door would finally open. In addition, we had a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and the maid woke us up trying to get into the room. A couple of other bright spots were all the ice machines worked and the a/c was adequate. We stayed at the Best Western just down the road in Brownfield last year and it was much better.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the first floor since the elevator is very slow.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dalhart, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed in this hotel because I had business nearby and the hotel is practically brand new. The room was clean and I got a decent night's sleep.

HOWEVER, service is what really sells hotels and the service was terrible from the moment I arrived. Another clerk was helping someone else as I was waiting to check in and although two other desk staff saw I was waiting, neither seemed in a hurry to help. One of the other clerks finally helped me after taking a personal call.

After my night meeting I stopped by the desk to ask about the in-room wifi and was unpleasantly surprised to learn that the wifi isn't available in the rooms, but that I could bring my computer down to the breakfast area if I really needed the Internet.

Lastly, I had an 8 am meeting and was frustrated to learn that the breakfast area wouldn't 't open until 7 am. I showed up at 7:02 to discover that the area was dark. Several other guests were waiting in the dark for the area to open. We had to wait until 7:30 to eat and I had to rush to make my meeting.

The bottom line is this: the location was good for me but I will be staying somewhere else next time I'm in town because I like to feel that those in the hospitality industry actually believe in hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I booked our 2 day stay at this hotel more than 6 months ago and when I saw some of the recent reviews was a little worried. I travel ALOT and stay in a wide variety of rooms from a $1000/night to a recent hut that was $35.

Our room was just fine -in fact quite nice and for the price better than I expected. Everything was clean and well maintained. Working fridge/micro and a coffee maker with plenty of supplies. Clean comfortable beds with lots of pillows. The bathroom had the sink outside (which I prefer) and a very small shower/toilet area.

It's not really an industrial area (yes the Gardenridge across the st looks a little pitiful but they all do) it's on the edge of the newest development in town- with the usual stores- Target etc...and is a quick easy drive to pretty much anywhere in Lubbock. Tech is less than 10 min away.

The maids knocked on the door around 9am and asked if I wanted them to make up the room- I didn't.

The breakfast was just ok. Some reheated "omelettes", sausage slices and biscuits with gravy. Several choices of danishes and mini muffins. Also choices of the indiv serving cereal bowls. They did not have fruit or yogurt. There was a dispenser and waffle iron but no waffle making liquid dough.

We stayed at the place next door 3 weeks ago and for almost $150 less for the same 2 day stay this is a much better bargain for about the same quality room.

Room Tip: Based on what other reviewers are saying we must have stayed in a refurbished room- so ask for one w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The room was not awful but it was not great. If you do not book a suite you do not get a fridge. The AC in the room was sub par. The toilet was stained black. We had family staying across the hall and their room was nice. Will make sure to book a suite next time. It was easy to get to and has a Main Event next door.

• Stayed August 2013
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This property is basically in the middle of nowhere in an industrial area. Looks okay outside and the lobby is spacious seems okay. We arrived about 9:00 after a 600 mile motorcycle ride from Colorado and were exhausted. Got in the room and relaxed for a bit while husband took a shower. Once we turned more lights on it became evident that the room was filthy with grimy, stained carpet, thick dust, gouges in the wall and scarred furniture. The refrigerator was missing, just a hole where it belonged. Shower head did not adjust at all, barely produced water and there was no way to rinse my hair....ugh. Bed was the most uncomfortable I have every slept in...innerspring mattress---think hide-a-bed...with threadbare, stained sheets. This appears to be a room that is likely rented to Texas Tech students to party in and trash out. The nice breakfast the next morning was the only thing about this place that was not disgusting. Unfortunately, I left a library book here and it took 3 phone calls to even get someone to check and see if the maid had found it....of course not, probably because the room is not every cleaned. Never, EVER again....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Never going to stay there again. We stayed there 4 nights. Asked for our room to be cleaned each day. Maids clean one day. I have a baby so we had dirty dipers. No clean towls, I had to go to the front every night &i ask for every thing, i talked to every maid &i the front. They finnaly came in last day, took our sheet left us with no sheets or blankets, no shampo, no towls in swimming pool every night we took the kids! They game no discount on me haveing to make our beds go down every night to get towles. We were not the only ones they did this too we were there with a big group. This was the same story all thu. The hotel! Over & over! All they could say was sorry. No discount nothing! Dont stay here!

• Stayed July 2013
Slaton, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our one night stay was nice. We took the day off so we could shop and dine out in Lubbock, Texas. We don't live far away from Lubbock but it was nice to get way for a day. We'll do it again and stay at Best Western again. gsm

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to The Palms Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!