“Need maids! also laundry attendants!” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #34 of 56 hotels in Lubbock
San Angelo, Texas
“Need maids! also laundry attendants!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room was spacious and the beds were okay. Breakfast was minimal but way too crowded to move around. The staff that listened to our complaints were sympathetic but couldn't could only say that they would tell the manager.

We were a volleyball team with multiple reservations. One family arrived at 9 p.m. and couldn't check in until 10 p.m. because the room wasn't cleaned yet! Advertised check in is 3 p.m.

The next day we all left about 7:30 a.m. and got back to the room about 10:00 p.m. that night. At least 3 of us found that our rooms had not been cleaned all day! When I asked for clean towels at the front desk all he could find was one clean bath towel and a very small pool towel. He said they were the only clean towels in the whole hotel. The night before there were no towels at the swimming pool.

I went back upstairs and found that we were out of toilet paper too. Since getting the towel had taken forever, I went searching for toilet paper on my own -- found a storeroom by the ice machine that was open so got my own toilet paper. When I got back to my room, I tried to warm up the carry-out food we had brought back and found that the microwave was broken.

I had complained that night to the front desk clerk. I complained again the next morning when we checked out. Both times I asked for a reduction in the price of the room for the lack of cleaning, clean towels, broken microwave, etc. The two desk clerks were very nice but said the manager was the only one who could help me and of course, he wasn't there. They took my name and phone number to give to the "manager". I haven't heard a word. If by chance I ever do hear from him I will update this review.

Room Tip: Bring your own towels??? or go somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
bw_lubbock, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Palms Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I do apologize for everything with spring break we had been very busy and with the amount of Kids swimming in the pool and people requesting extra towels we had gone through over 400 towels in one night and those are extra towels. We apologized to several guest and made it up to them with late check out with other offers to make up for the room not being ready. I am still going to call to speak with you.

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
valann38
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel when I come to Lubbock on business. However the last visit wasn't too great. The rooms are to have fridges but there wasn't one there. Before I always had a fridge. Staff wasn't very helpful at the front desk. The one good thing is the breakfast. It is a step above most hotels. I will continue to stay here but was somewhat disappointed this last visit.

• Stayed March 2013
Odessa, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had 3 rooms reserved and when we arrived at 3:00 they only had one room ready and the girl at the front desk compained about having to work. At 5:30 they finally had another room ready and said they would have to call maid services to see if another room was ready. Then we took the children swimming there were no towels. I went to the front office to see if I could get some towels and the night manager informed me they had no towels. 30 minutes later he did bring some towels into the swimming area (3 towels and 2 bath mats).

Room Tip: rooms had a layer of dust in them
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Odessa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I will never stay here again! I thought this would be a good place considering its not that old. Did I say DIRTY! The furniture is beat up & the TV is outdated! The toilet is stained. The bed was hard. I used the restroom in the lobby and it was filthy. The carpets are filthy. The Hallways are dark & dingy. I just have nothing good to stay. Did I say Dirty! Guess the value got me what I paid for!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bw_lubbock, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Palms Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I would like to apologize for the problems that accord during your stay. We here at Best Western take the cleanness in the hotel very serious and do apologize that it was not very clean. I will be speaking with my employees about this. With the TV's we new ones that will be in the hotel very soon just waiting on delivery. Will be checking the lighting of the hallway to make sure it is well light. With the hard water in Lubbock we have been working very hard to get the toilet clean where there are no stains it is a work in progress. I would like to discuss more with you on this problem please give me a call on Monday between 9 am and 3 pm. Thanks Kenneth Branch General Manager. P. (806) 799-9999 Ext. 503 Email 44563@hotels.bestwestern.com
Liberal, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

very helpful i got my free up grade for diamond member pool was excelant for my grandkids fun.nice little excerize room, But had little problem with maids cleaning up not the job i expected from this motel for i stay here ever time in town.
excelant location close to shoping and theater lots of food places close.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Palms Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!