“THANK YOU TEXAS I'VE ALWAYS DREAMED OF HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars

Arbor Inn and Suites
5310 Englewood Ave, Lubbock, TX 79424   |
Ranked #6 of 55 hotels in Lubbock
Florence, Colorado
“THANK YOU TEXAS I'VE ALWAYS DREAMED OF HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Been here 3 times already and all three times i was satisfied. Rob Meyer gavce me the best stay ever! Lubbock, Texas is not a nice city however but Arbor Inn is the best hotel here. I did check Homewood Suites and Towne Place Suites and they were sold out. Arbor Inn i guess has a standard. Located right on Loop 289 near Marsha Sharp Freeway and probably 7 miles of I-27. I had a 3rd floor balcony and loved the view of their oasis style pool. They had free Ozarka Water in the lobby. Business center with two computers with color printers. Not the best breakfast. Should add eggs or bacon. I loved the room itself. Kitchenette with stove topper.No cookware or utencils etc. Only hotel with a $76 per night rate. Studio 6 Motel was even $112 a night. I do not smoke so i requested a non-smoking room. Rob Meyer did that exact thing for me. I love it here. It is my home away for home. I needed to head to Tucumcari, New Mexico so i went to the business center and printed directions over MapQuest. I would indeed stay at the Arbor Inn and Suites, Lubbock, Texas, USA again. Hope you guys stick with $76 per night. Actually i would pay $100 a night if it was worth coming to Lubbock. Thank you for an excellent stay. I would return!

Room Tip: get a 3rd floor room for a wonderful view of the pool area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
It's good to hear from you! It was our pleasure to offer you a warm welcome and a comfortable retreat here in Lubbock. We hope you were able to get some much-needed rest before you continued on to Tucumcari. Thank you very much for the kind words, Phillip — it was lovely to read your review. We would be proud to host you again if you ever find yourself in our neighborhood.

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Roswell, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just returned from a quick overnight stay at the Arbor Inn. We've stayed here several times and have enjoyed it every time. The suites are spacious and always clean. The pool area is awesome. My one and only complaint is about the poor WiFi reception. I haven't noticed if this is a problem in every location throughout the hotel, but I did notice it the last 2 stays there when our room was in the branch that's furthest from the lobby. Oh, well. I was just Facebooking. Ha!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Sounds like a great stay! It was our pleasure to help you relax as you made your way to your destination. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with your WiFi. Our reception is usually quite good, but I'll be sure to look into this further. Thank you for letting me know. Of course, we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Enjoy staying at Aarbor Inn. The rooms are always clean, breakfast is awesome!!! Very friendly staff and the pool area is the best in Lubbock. I will always stay here when traveling to Lubbock.

The pool area is great for a quick family weekend. Loved the hot tub. I also enjoy the cookies and tea/lemonade set out each afternoon. Always is nice for a small snack.

Room Tip: The King Suite is great for family. We moved this past summer and I stayed there while the movers p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
It is our pleasure to make you feel at home here in Lubbock. I am delighted to hear how welcome and comfortable you've been with us. That said, please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to further enhance your next stay. Until then, thank you for the kind words. We'll see you soon!

Hobbs, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel had very nice staff, excluding the manager. We travel to Lubbock very often and have stayed at some outstanging hotels and thought we would try something new,we chose to stay here the first time based on good reviews and was satisfied our stay the whole time except for after staying just one of three nights total, we came back to our hotel to find there were NO PARKING SPACES AVAILABLE, and one so considering customer took up 6 parking spaces with their U-Haul for the weekend. We very nicely alerted the front desk person to see what could be done,in which she said she could not do anything and instructed us to park across the street at another hotels parking lot or park on the side of the road. Seeing as a customer pays so much money for a hotel room for several days I found this to be a big inconvience! The only thing that could be done thereafter was for us to speak to the manager who very rudely and disrespectfully spoke to my husband and told him that he couldn't believe he was getting a call about a parking space and that he would not do anything about it. The front desk person and the security officer offered the spaces they were parked in to help us out, if it had not been so late and we were leaving the next morning I would have taken my business elsewhere IMMEDIATELY! I've work in the customer service field for 9 years and you do not treat your customers this way, I will never stay at these hotels or their chains again due to (manager) Rob Meyers' behavior towards his customers!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Nick,

We are proud to offer all travelers a restful retreat as they make their way to their next destination. While we do not make a habit of towing our guests, we felt that this issue was resolved when our security guard generously offered to move his vehicle for you. Still, I apologize if we did anything to make you feel mistreated as you voiced your concerns. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Grapevine, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hotel is truly very nice with friendly staff. My trip to Lubbock was impromptu for reasons less than happy ones, so planning was not part of the plan. When I called to make reservations along the way, I asked about check-in time, hoping for one around 12 noon. Melissa told me check-in unfortunately, wasn't until 3:00 but took my number to call if a room opened up (was cleaned and available) sooner - checkout isn't until noon. Not expecting anything from it, I was elated when she called at 1pm and told me my room was ready for me. A special, special thank you to Melissa (and housekeeping)! I was traveling with a small dog and truly needed to get into the room where I'd be staying the night.

I only needed a basic room which had a comfortable king-sized bed and other amenities that have come to be expected - TV (of course), microwave and very cold refrigerator. It was clean with crisp, fresh bedding - all in all pretty perfect for my 2 night need. It overlooked a good sized swimming pool with trees between my room and pool which buffered some of the afternoon activity/noise.

My complaint? The excessively noisy air-conditioner whose vent was about 2 feet from the head of both the bed and me while trying to sleep. After tossing and turning most of the night, I finally managed to get a few winks after 3am by putting a pillow over my head. At 6am, I decided to check out as it wasn't conducive to staying a second night.

That said, I know there are suites in this hotel and perhaps even other basic rooms that may be configured in a fashion where there's not a blast of noise near the bed each time the air-conditioner cycles on. I would not say "don't stay here", but I would ask about air-conditioner location when making a reservation.

Room Tip: Ask about location/noise level of Air-Conditioning in relation to bed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
It was our pleasure to welcome you to Lubbock on short-notice. While I'm glad you were so impressed with our amenities, it was unfortunate to learn of your experience with the air conditioner. We want you to get a great night's sleep, so please don't hesitate to let us know if this bothers you. We would be happy to find you another room if possible. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you during your next visit to Lubbock.

New Braunfels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed for 4 days and it was wonderful having a suite with the refrigerator and stove and microwave and the balcony was a big plus overlooking the pool. It was great to just be able to come back and totally relax after our busy day. The breakfast could of been better for such a nice establishment ( like sausage and bacon with eggs) but overall it was a great place and the people couldn't of been nicer. We will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet and the room stayed really nice a cool. If your sta...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Renee,

We're proud to have offered a comfortable retreat while you and your family celebrated your son's wedding. I'm happy to hear that you found your room so well-appointed, but I'm sorry that you were not as impressed with our breakfast offerings. Thank you for the suggestions — we'll be sure to take that into consideration. We'd also like to thank you for the wonderful review. We hope to welcome you back next time you're in Lubbock!

Ripon, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Have been traveling for a month and once and a while we "treat" ourselves to a more pricey hotel. We stayed at the Best Western Park Plaza last night and thought we would try Arbor Inn & Suites tonight, as it was closer to restaurants and shopping. Their standard room at $94.99 is large and very clean. The whole hotel was very clean, including the patio & pool area. Front desk clerk was very accommodating. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Texas Tech is just starting and the area is busy, but it is very quiet here. Had to rate restaurant and room service for Trip Advisor, but the hotel does not have either....FYI

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Kathy,

We're delighted to offer you a quiet retreat from the busy streets of Tech! I'm happy to see that everyone made you feel so comfortable during your stay. Thank you for giving us a try, and for the wonderful review. We'd love to welcome you back next time you're in Lubbock.

Rob Meyer, Manager

Been to Arbor Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!