“GREAT!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Lubbock
Madison, Alabama
“GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

We have already booked our next stay for Tech Parent's weekend!
Staff was friendly. Room was very clean. Breakfast was decent!
It is located close to Texas Tech and easy to get to and from other place in the city!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tyler L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Dear SheStampsAlot,

We appreciate your comments about the Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South. We strive to offer top notch service to every guest we meet, and could not be happier that we exceeded expectations during your stay. We hope to become your new home away from home in Lubbock, and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Tyler L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel, like the Lubbock West location, has a nice contemporary interior design and is very clean and comfortable. Have stayed at it twice in the past 3 weeks. The parking lot is not trailer friendly, incase you are towing anything, but there is an empty lot to the north where an oversized vehicle can park. All the amenities you could need within the hotel, but not immediately close to much else. Staff very friendly and helpful. I would stay again. Preferable to the suite hotels that I have tried on the west side. First visit the only room available due to the late check in time was ground floor next to the dining and lobby space. Though we were worried there would be too much morning foot traffic noise, it was very quiet. Ironically, a 2nd floor room on the next visit had more morning noise from a trash service truck outside backing up.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear roadtrip78726,

Thank you for your comments about the Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South. All of your concerns will be addressed with our staff. I would like to apologize for any issues that you did encounter. We take your comment very seriously and use them to improve the hotel. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you, and if you do choose to stay with us again I would love if you would let me know and I will personally see that you have a pleasant experience. We appreciate you staying with us, and hope to see you in the near future!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed here for two nights while visiting the Lubbock and Amarillo area. The hotel is located very conveniently just off I-27. Plenty parking, and a relatively peaceful location.
My second floor room was spacious, comfortable, clean, and quiet. There do not appear to be dining options within walking distance, however there are many just a short drive away in the city. The complimentary breakfast is adequate.
I’m happy I chose to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear JohnF47,

Thank you so much for your response! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff provided the service that we strive to serve. Feedback is very helpful and I appreciate the time you took to fill out a review! Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do for you. I look forward to your next visit!

Amarillo, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express a long time ago so I didn't remember how much they attend to the needs of their customers. This has a great room, great customer service, and comfortable beds. We likde the four pillows on the bed with each designated as soft and firm. The bathroom was stocked with all kinds of shampoo, lotion, etc. The shower had great water pressure and plenty od hot water. The room was equipped with a Mr. coffee with coffee, creamer, etc, microwave and refrigerator. We really enjoyed the night we spent here and I signed up for the rewards programs since I intend on staying more at Holiday Inn Express.

Dear Denandvan,

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotel has recently opened and the room was lovely. Beds were comfortable and bathroom was clean with nice amenities. The breakfast, however was lacking. The only fresh fruit were bananas; and the rest of the menu was not very healthy. The hotel is in a good location for traveling as it is at the intersection of two major highways. We did have the lights from the parking lot shining right into our room

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear cyclist6049,
We, at the Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, would like to thank you for your comments about our hotel and your stay. While we strive to give every guest exceptional service, and it is always a pleasure to hear when we exceed our guests' expectations; it is just as important to us to know when we have not. We want to apologize for the breakfast and lighting issues you experienced during your stay, and let you know that I personally, as the new manager, am working with our staff to correct the situation. Again, we appreciate your comments and hope you will come back and give us another try.

New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. Although the hotel was full, we did not have a problem with noise from other rooms. The entrance is located on a one-way street. Follow the Google directions otherwise you have to drive through a questionable neighborhood to get to the street that you need. Also, as we were walking through the parking lot, we heard a gunshot in the neighborhood behind the hotel.

Dear LucyDog2013,
Thank you so much for your positive response on The Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South! I am so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay!! We take these comments very seriously and we will be sharing your positive comments with our staff! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. We appreciate you staying with us, and hope to see you back on your next trip to Lubbock!

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a new hotel on the far south edge of Lubbock. Had we not noticed a billboard telling us where to exit the Interstate, I'm not sure we would have been able to figure out how to get to the hotel, since it's visible from the highway only as you near the exit PAST the hotel. It's also important to note that once you get to the hotel, you've passed all your dining options--there's nothing but other hotels in sight. That's not a discovery you want to make after a long day of travel. My husband and I were too exhausted to go out driving in search of a restaurant, since we don't know the area at all, so we made do with snacks from the vending machines.

The hotel itself is very new and clean; hotel staff members were friendly and helpful. The free breakfast makes it easy to get an early start in the morning--plenty of seating in an inviting room off the lobby. With any hope, the empty lots near this hotel will be developed soon and offer travelers some dining options within walking distance.

Room Tip: We booked a king suite, which was quiet, clean, and spacious.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tyler L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear 2handsonthewheel,

Thank you for your comments about the Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South. All of your concerns will be addressed with our staff. I would like to apologize for any issues that you did encounter. We take your comments very seriously and use them to improve the hotel. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you, and if you do choose to stay with us again I would love if you would let me know and I will personally see that you have a pleasant experience. We appreciate you staying with us, and hope to see you in the near future!

Tyler L.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South? Share your experiences!