“Very Good Chain” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Lubbock, Texas
“Very Good Chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have been there a few times this holiday season to eat and watch sports. The atmosphere is noisy chain restaurant sports type venue. The food is very good, the drinks are decent and the prices keep the clientele towards the better type. I had Ahi Poke and it was fresh and tasty - loved the seasoning. I also had the Chicken Pot Stickers - a little to the sweet side, but definitely good. The Ahi salad is good, the bison burger was tasty, the Moroccan salmon was interesting - like I said, I have eaten there quite a few times over the holidays to watch sports and eat. The service is very good. A manager came by once and gave me a complimentary appetizer which was very nice. I like the craft beers and the overall choice of beers and lagers is great. The food is reliably prepared, good service, plenty of parking and the big TV - what more could you ask for.

• Visited December 2013

Abilene, Texas
“Disappointing First Impression”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Five of us visited BJ’s and sat in the bar area at a table. Three of the people had been there before and ordered beers; we requested a couple of beer samples. The waiter was sarcastic and cocky. He brought the beers, none to cheerfully, and left. He never came back to the table even though he was serving tables all around us. He’d look at us as we signaled to him and go on. Tired of waiting, I went to the bar and tried to order a beer. The bartender asked if I had a table. I explained to him that we couldn’t get service. He just looked at me and walked away and tended to other customers. We finally found the manager and he promptly rectified the situation; we got our drinks and he assigned us a delightful and efficient waitress named Melissa.
The beer and food was very good, except for the calamari. It was tough and tasted like it had been fried in old oil.
We had a good time but my first impression really soured me. I’m surprised the manager didn’t recognize the rudeness and surly behavior of two of his employees before this instance. I don’t think I’ll return and I certainly would not recommend it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“VERY good food and customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great restaurant. Very well trained. Good choices. Nice atmosphere. Food is really good also. Comparable to a Cheesecake Factory--almost too many choices! We really enjoyed this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Czech Republic
“new place, lacking in service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I visited for lunch while visiting the Hub City. While the food was okay and decent the service was certainly lacking-especially since it was not even a quarter full. One fellow dinner ordered the unlimited soup and salad...first round of soup was lukewarm then it took way to long to get a second order of soup. Waiting for the bill and then waiting for the waitress to pick up our card for processing took way longer than it should have. >> Just a little more attention to service would go a long way-we didn't leave the customary tip.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Average...you can find better in Lubbock”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I ate here twice in one month and both times I was unimpressed. I had a salad and soup one visit and a sandwhich and soup the next visit. The food was bland. My servers lacked personality. The restaurant has a huge sports bar feel.
They can accommodate large parties...only plus in my opinion.

• Visited June 2013