“My very favorite Mexican food in Lubbock” 4 of 5 stars

2211 Avenue Q, Lubbock, TX
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 510 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: I eat here all the time and wanted to review it. It's really good food. Here is the url from yelphttp://www.yelp.com/biz/taqueria-jalisco-lubbock
Lubbock, Texas
“My very favorite Mexican food in Lubbock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I can't really define what it means by Jalisco-style Mexican food, but for me, it's authentic, consistently good and inexpensive. How can you beat that? The menu is extensive, but I would advise you to try something other than tacos, rellenos, enchiladas and tostadas. Not because they aren't incredible, but because there are so many wonderful alternatives. For example Seafood Parrillada is a mix of tilapia, shrimp and crab grilled fajita style. Pollo a la Diablo is perfectly seasoned and is served with a generous portion of fresh avocado slices, as are many of the entrees. Many types of meat are available and in several styles from shredded pork to thinly sliced beef steak. Choose your favorite for a torta (sandwich on a bolillo roll). Photos on the menu help you narrow your choices. I don't think I've ever ordered the same thing twice and I've enjoyed every meal. Best suggestion yet, do like I do and go with your friends who are of Mexican heritage and have relatives in Jalisco or its capital city of Guadalajara. They'll direct you to flavors you've never imagined.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Authentic and inexpensive ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The food is not your typical tex-mex so I would suggest ordering something different than you would at your run of the mill tex-mex restaurant. Tuesday night is $1.99 margaritas- they're not strong, but their cheap! The salas are not bet spicy. Fridays nights they have a live guitarist/singer, which adds to the cultural atmosphere. The service is great!

Murchison, Texas
“Tech Beautification Project”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Food and service great. Seated fast, food came fast. 1st sharp cheddar cheese relleno I ever had. It was ok, I prefer white cheese, but when in a Lubbock eat what they eat. I would do it again.

Lubbock, Texas
“Authentic Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great food but a little greasy. Starting off the chips and salsa are free and the salsa is great, some may find the salsa a little hot though. The menu has a diverse selection of authentic Mexican food which come in large portions. I enjoy the place and eat there when I get a chance, but some of my friends find the food a little to greasy. Definitely the place to go if your craving Mexican food and good beer.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans
“Good food, large portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We ate here with a large group on a Friday night. Wait was approx. 30 minutes. Food was good. Many, many options. Service was a bit slow. Would eat here again.