“Divorced after 15+ years...” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #183 of 502 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch
“Divorced after 15+ years...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

For years this has been a great experience. Food has always been good and service good as well. Not the case anymore.

After 15+years of running to this Border location we're done. Last three times we stopped in the restaurant it has had empty tables and people waiting to be seated. I'm talking about no less than half the tables being empty and staff not seating customers. Last time we waited 20 minutes then another hour for meal. I don't know what the problem is but it is terminal.

I cannot believe that the operators continue to keep it open if they aren't going to fix the situation. I am always very generous with comments - looking for something good - but for this location (and maybe even the brand) I can't do it.

AVOID THIS LOCATION or prepare to be very, very, very disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Coahoma, Texas
“Great food, fast service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were starving when we arrived in town and this restaraunt was right across from our hotel. We went in expecting a long wait since it was a Saturday evening and the parking lot was packed. They seated us right away. The food and service were excellent. Couldn't have been more satisfied!

Visited January 2013
Tx
“Pretty good chain-not this location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We ate here beacuse we have enjoyed this restaurant in the Dallas/Ft Worth area many times. We knew when we walked in that this was NOT looking the same. There were flies landing on the table, the bartender was spitting in a trash can and eating behind the bar in front of the customers, and there were more employees than customers. We should have run then but we stuck it out. The food wasn't that bad except the chips were old. The original waiter was replaced by another who explained the first one was "trying" to train and the experienced one was actually pretty good. I would not recommend this location with the current management.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vail, Colorado
“Awesome happy hour during the week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The service was excellent with a big group, which is sometimes hard to accomplish. Awesome happy hour prices on food and drinks, the Watermelon margarita is so very refreshing and tasty, frozen or on the rocks.

Visited July 2013
“Not outstanding, but certainly not bad at all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We met for a dinner party on the patio, which I don't recommend in mid-July, so the outside temperature was just too hot, which is certainly not the fault of anyone at On The Border.

The menu offers a variety of Mexican specialties (I had the Dos Equis beer battered fish tacos...they were very good!) and appetizers (battered Avocado french fries were my choice...absolutely wonderful!) and the plates/servings are very generous! I needed a take-to-hotel box! Very reasonable prices as well.

I don't know if it was because we were out on the patio, because we were in a reserved party of about 15 guests, or because good service is just getting more and more difficult to find in the restaurant service industry in general, but our servers were forgetful, did not check on us often at all, and did not communicate with each other. We placed drink and dinner orders with a new "set" of servers respectively, and were served our dinners by another "set" once again, which led to some confusion. I'm sure in a smaller party most of this would be alleviated???

Overall very good and I will return for sure...the food and prices are very worth it!

• Visited July 2013