“We like it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 55 hotels in Lubbock
Shelby, Michigan
“We like it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stop every year at this hotel on our way to El Paso and we recommend it. We had a room on the front this year but prefer one in the back to eliminate road noise. We were the first to breakfast since we needed to leave early and the food was not hot - sort of lukewarm. But in spite of this we will be willing to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
holbb, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your detailed positive review posted on TripAdvisor!
We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We appreciate the kind words & compliments & will share them with our team members.

Thank you for recommending us! We look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels to Lubbock

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Abilene,TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is a dump and dirty. After accidently booking this Quality Inn by mistake, I asked the manager, Michael Perez, if he could cancel this reservation and let me stay at the one I was at-Quality Inn and Suites I had meant to book on the West Loop. He informed me that since it was after the 4:00pm deadline that he could not and would have to charge my credit card.( I was in a business meeting all day and could not get there till after 5:00pm.) I then had to drive across town to the Quality Inn on I-27 .This hotel was not clean and I asked the manager Michael if I could see the room before I checked in. He was not friendly and was rude. After seeing the room and testing the beds that were hard and the room was not to my liking. , I told Micheal I could not stay there. He said sorry, he was charging my card any way.
I then drove back across town and stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites on the Loop and It was wonderful!! The staff went above the call of duty to make my day better and the hotel was extremely clean. Breakfast was great!!
I understand rules are rules ,but there needs to be exceptions made when you are a choice member and you were wanting to stay at a another choice hotel in the same town.
DO not stay at the Quality Inn on I-27. Lubbock,TX
I Highly recommend the Quality Inn and Suites --3430 West Loop -Lubbock ,TX

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, We trying to give promise to hold room for our gauranted guest. On your case we was holding your room for you. like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.
We would love the oppurtunity to make it better for you. Please contact me at the hotel at 806-749-1090 Thank you again for your stay and your feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Clean hotel, updated, friendly,knowledgeable staff. Quick check in and out. Comfortable beds, refrigerator and microwave in room along with coffee/tea brewer. Full breakfast- scrambled eggs, Sausage, bisquits with gravy, waffles, yogurt, sweet rolls, bagels, juices make this stay an excellent value.

• Stayed September 2012
holbb, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your stay, your comments are very appreciated. We hope that you will stay with us again soon and we are glad we got to serve you again.

Thanks,
mngt
Bryan, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

All of the staff were very friendly. The room was spacious, clean, and a great deal. Enjoyed the Happy Hour (M-Th only, but we were there on a Thursday). It was quiet, even though along the Interstate. Nice breakfast included. Bed was comfortable. Couldn't ask for more! Would definitely recommend to others!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us, and for your honest feedback. You left some great comments that will certainly help us to improve. We'd be happy to welcome you back next time you're in Lubbock. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make your next stay even better!

Thanks,

mngt
Bangor, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

When we entered our room, it smelled a little dingy (like old socks!). We opened the window to air out the smell, but it did not help. I assumed it was probably from the old carpeting, or the carpet had absorbed the smell. The faucet of the sink leaked. The bathroom door metal frame was loose. The room did not have a security bolt (it had been removed, and covered with a piece of metal plate). Overall, the room showed its tear and use, and in need of some renovation and refurnishing. Another example was the pillows were old and flat, and so the housekeeper pushed them into little squares for them to look plush. I hope the owner will invest some money in maintaining and keeping up the place. All these details do make a difference. Even with the low rate, this hotel fell short of of presenting its namesake: "Quality".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
holbb, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
I want to thank you for your review. Without guest feedback we cannot improve our services. We make every effort to offer the best value for your stay; I am sorry to hear the problems you encountered. Please give us a chance one more time. We will do our best for your value.
Next time if you have planned for lubbock please give us call tp make reservation.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We reserved our room and after driving nine hours and arriving at 2:30 we were told that our room was canceled however we were charged . Very bad attitude and poor service. People are walking all over from the nearby apartments and looks like selling drugs and prostitution .

• Stayed August 2012
holbb, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. I apologize for your inconvinience.
For your inconvinience we are offering 30% discounts for your future stay. Please contact direct hotel to make your reservation.
Levelland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Very clean hotel rooms and staff was exremely nice and professional. I would highly recommend this hotel to others that will be traveling to Lubbock. Also the price was very reasonable!! We have stayed in alot of hotels these past years and this is the best by far. I left the hotel a very happy customer. They also helped me with directions and near by sites that they had in Lubbck or around the area. The swimming pool was very clean and was able to get extra towels for the pool. The breakfast was nice and warm. You can tell is was made fresh.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
holbb, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
First of all thank you very much for staying with us. I am so glad that my staff was very pleasant during your stay and happy to hear that once you reached your room you were extremely pleased and had a comfortable stay.Thanks for your comment for clean pool too. Thanks again see you soon.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!