“GREAT VALUE!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Lubbock

You added Howard Johnson Lubbock to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Lubbock
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5108 Interstate 27, Lubbock, TX 79404 (Formerly Ramada)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #22 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

It's a great room and the value is good and it's clean BUT I wouldn't recommend it if you are a woman traveling alone. The manager followed me into my room twice to talk to me. He even shut the door behind him. He was not invited. Very creepy .

• Stayed March 2014
TARIQ F, Manager at Howard Johnson Lubbock, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel.
I am sorry to tell you that I as a Manager don't have time to even check guest in, so how can he follow you. My front desk employee said, you came to front desk and return the keys, after guest returns the key, we go back to room and verify, and make sure guest did not smoke in the room, or nothing missing from the room. Why you get back to room when you already return your keys. If you wanted to stay in the room, you should of not return your keys. If I am staying in the Hotel, last thing before I leave the Hotel to return the keys. I will not return keys If I am still using the room. If our staff went there to verify the room, because you return the keys, when any guest returns the keys, we have to verify the room. Sorry, and I hope you understand our rules and policy and I am proud to say we have very professional staff, and know all rules and laws very well. I hope your misunderstand should be clear by this explanation.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay.......great service....... for a great price......great location .....nice and clean lots of room me and my kids just enjoy staying here we can get to where we want to go in no time..... thanks Mike...

• Stayed March 2014
TARIQ F, Owner at Howard Johnson Lubbock, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you very much for giving us 5 stars review.
We are very glad to heard, you like and enjoy our Hotel, services, and staff.
If we can do anything to make your next visit to Lubbock more fun, please let us know.
Thank you and looking forward to have you our guest soon.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Life can be challenging when you work out of town away from your family each week. The obstacles we are faced with can be daunting. When you come in at the end of the work day to a nice clean room and to pleasant staff it sure makes these obstacles easier to handle. I high recommend staying here.
Doug Holmes

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking time to review our Hotel.
Secondly, I am very happy to heard, you like our Hotel, our staff and our services.
Positive review like this encourage our staff to even do more better for our all guest.
We try our best to exceed our all guest expectations.
I thank you for staying with you, and If we can do anything to make your next trip to Lubbock more enjoyable please let us know.
Thank you and looking forward to see you again soon.
Thanks.
Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel was okay for the price. The bed was uncomfortable, with very thin pillows and blankets. Hard as a rock. The free wireless internet they provide is shoddy and barely works. When you're in a hotel room that offers half of their channels as ESPN and there's nothing else on TV, it would be nice to be able to use my laptop or smart phone to peruse the internet. I also got locked out of my room every day of my stay because the key stopped working for my door. Each day it was the same frustration of going down to the front desk and having it fixed. The manager apologized profusely but did nothing to make sure it didn't happen each night of my four night stay. Room is very large with great furniture and space. Bathroom was clean but small. Not horrible for the price, but wouldn't go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel.
I am sorry that you had problem with internet connection and your room keys.
We have WIFI modem on each floor, this is the first complaint I heard about WIFI, I will look into that and will make sure it will not happen again. Also as for room keys go, some time, if you are key is too close to cell phone it does get de activated. Manager should of explain to you on that.
I will make sure that WIFI problem get fixed and I will look into key problem also.
Thank you for your stay with us, please give us another chance, we will make sure we will
exceed your expectation. Thank you again and looking forward to have you our guest again.
Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just want to say I travel a lot. It was a great place to stay and Mike Patel is great. Goes out of his way to help. I was visiting my Grandson and we both enjoyed the room and easy on and off access to loop and shopping.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
First of all, I thank you for taking time to review our Hotel.
Secondly, I am very glad to hear that our staff exceed your expectation.
We try our best to exceed our all guests expectations.
I thank you again for your stay with us, and looking forward to have you as our guest again.
If we can do anything else to make your next stay more enjoyable, please let us know.
Thank you.

Been to Howard Johnson Lubbock? Share your experiences!