“Over-priced in terrible condition” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #46 of 57 Hotels in Lubbock
Lubbock
“Over-priced in terrible condition”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Booked 3 "studio" rooms via Expedia (so were flying blind). Rooms cost $110 plus tax. For this area, that much can buy a decent room. The rooms have not been cleaned well for some time. My shoes felt sticky on the kitchenette floor (which also looked filthy). My sister-in-law actually cleaned hers with hotel towels and dish soap. Towels were black with the filth she removed. No regular room service unless you stay longer than 7 days, so you can trade towels/linens for more, but make up your own bed (unless you pay extra). No ice machine. I was told to use ice trays in the fridge (how handy). This place needs serious quality control and a full power washing of the rooms. If there is on-site management, that person much never look into these nasty rooms. Almost forgot to mention that room has been used by smokers (it is non smoking room) and the solution was to plug in a stinky air wick unit. This is not good.
I am working on relocating today, even if I lose the refund.

Room Tip: Best advice is avoid this "hotel" altogether.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lubbock - Southwest, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Jimmy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The level of cleanliness you found in your room is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will take the required steps to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at Lub@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Greenville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The staff at this hotel are extremely helpful and nice. Brandon does more than I have ever seen a manager do and will help you with any request. The rooms are extremely nice as the beds are new and the tvs are flatscreens. The hallways are very clean and the trashrooms are even cleaned out regularly. The breakfast is always out on time and if you need it earlier or later just ask and they will do what they can. I have stayed here before and this last trip was one of the best at this location. I will stay here when ever I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Lubbock - Southwest, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Azle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been in a wheekchair for over forty years and have had some awful experiances, through the years with so called "handicapped romms". I guess that is why I was so impressed with the Extended Stay America in Lubbock. From the first phone call for reservations until we checked out the staff was friendly and helpful. The handicapped parking was close to the room and well lit. The bathroom and kitchen was wheelchair friendly. Every place we went in the hotel was extremly clean. The hotel is pet friendly and the staff welcomed our two Boston Terriers. Every morning they had a "grab and go" breakfast in the lobby which was a plus. When we go back to Lubbock, we will not hesitate to stay at this hotel. Thank you Extended Stay America, we'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Lubbock - Southwest, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with your accommodations. We work really hard to be your home away from home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Lubbock, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This has been a great place to rest my head at night. I've been here for 6 months on business so I've learned the place pretty well. Brandon, Jason and the rest of the crew were always friendly and quick to answer any question or fix any problems. I'm about to go on my next travel job and the first thing I do when looking for a place to stay now, is find out if there is an ESA there. Has been an awesome place to stay and if I'm ever back this way, I'll be sure and come here again.

Room Tip: They don't have a fitness center or pool here on site. BUT they do have an agreement with an aw...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Lubbock - Southwest, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I am currently staying here now and have been for almost just about a month going on two Extended Stay is a great hotel for long term stay. The location is nice everything is pretty much right here close to us, the staff members are all pleasant morning or night,you can always expect a warm welcome and good conversation when you walk through the doors! To me this is a safe family environment and also good prices that don't make you fret and or want to pull your hair out. This hotel also will work around your schedule haha so no matter how late you sleep during the day they can still tend to your needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Lubbock - Southwest, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that we feel like family to you, We try our best to be your home away from home. I will show this review to my employees and thank them personally. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Bonifay, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have to say that my stay here in Extended Stay America in Lubbock has been the best so far! The people here are very friendly and takes care of you when needed. I enjoy the fact that pets can stay here as well. I have been here for the past 2 months and the people feel like family too me. Ps.. please put in a swimming pool or hot tube that will make this place number ONE! Oh.. and there no Restaurant nor swimming pool.... so its going to be low on those.

Room Tip: During winter time and the winds are blowing really hard... dont get the corner rooms.. non stop hea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that we feel like family to you, We try our best to be your home away from home. I am really sorry we did not have a pool but thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your home away from home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have been traveling to LBB monthly for almost a year, originally staying at Hotel X ... a favorite for years, because ot reasonable rates & hot breakfast. But when Hotel X increased its rate 10% each month for 3 months in a row, they exceeded my budget. The next month I tried Hotel Y which was more reasonable + the breakfast. Then their price went up & out of my range.

I started staying with Brandon & Friends in March, because of their very competitive & economical rates ... usually under $60 / night. It's also close to my teaching location.

All i need is a non-smoking room with 1 little bed ... upstairs so I can keep the curtains open. They have been superlative about keeping my preferences on file & accommodating me accordingly.

As a marketing professional, I very much appreciate that they are able to keep their rates lower, because they do not offer extras that command higher prices ... like a pool & hot tub, a workout room, a business center or breakfast. They do have free WiFi, however. I never use the little soaps & shampoos anyway & I've learned to pack my own hair dryer, although one is available from the desk. I don't need or want daily housekeeping, but the nice housekeeping & maintenance staff are there just in case I do need something. So we're simply paying for basic things we need & use & not paying for things we don't. That;s good business.

The rooms are always clean & bright & fresh. The kitchenette includes a small stove top, a microwave, cooking & eating dishes + a full sized refrigerator. They also have a coffee maker with coffee. Having the kitchen facilities has actually helped me save a lot of money by not having to eat out. I can just shop & heat & eat.

I'm getting to know them all by name & they know me, too. They are always very friendly & helpful And the last time I was there, I came in about 9P after a long day. I've become so comfortable there that my 1st impulse as I walked past the front desk was to say: Hi, Penny, I'm home! So as I receive my teaching assignment quarterly, I reserve with them for the whole schedule.

No, it's not a fancy place. It's a folksy place. It's my favorite.

PS: I do have a small disappointment with what appears to be predatory pricing for Tech events. Generally, my weekend stay is just under $200. For the next 2 months, my stay will be double that amount. I know that all the hotels in LBB do take advantage of the fluctuating supply & demand created by these events by raising rates. I do believe in capitalism & every company's right & need to earn a profit. However, because I do not have a choice not to make the trip & because I pay the bill myself before submitting it for company reimbursement, this doubled rate creates a real hardship for me. I am hoping that my loyalty & commitment to them for the past 6 months + the next 3 already reserved will allow them to consider an adjustment to my rate that would be somewhere in the middle ... just under $300. That would seem fair.

Appreciating their hospitality & thanking them in advance for their consideration, I am ...
Ann @ AMA

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Lubbock - Southwest, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
"Exactly what I need"

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our event rates put you at a hardship.Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at LUB@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We love that we have become your home away from home and we want to thank you for making us your choice while you our in Lubbock.

Been to Extended Stay America - Lubbock - Southwest? Share your experiences!