“Rude and belligerant staff” 1 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #17 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
GreenLeadersSilver level
austin, texas
“Rude and belligerant staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

I made this reservation to attend my niece's graduation at TTU. Two days before we were to arrive, I contracted the swine flu. In checking with the hotel, I was told that it was too late to cancel, or if I did, there would be a $75 cancellation fee. I told the clerk that if there was no other option, that I would probably call and cancel, but that I would try to occupy the room with family. When I called a couple of hours later, I was told that my room had been cancelled, it was already rented to someone else, and that my credit card had been charged $75.00. The clerk was rude, and promptly told me that if I didn't like my treatment, that I could take up matters with the manager on Monday. My company has regularly used Great Western as a place to stay on while on business. I hope they spend the $75 wisely, because they are going to lose thousands in the future.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

I stayed here for two nights in early April 2009. Upon arrival, I was greeted promptly with an acknowlegement of my presence even though the clerk wasn't able to get to me immediately as she was assisting others. That shows true polite customer service . It remained the same throughout my stay. I had a fall while staying there and the front desk person was very helpful and concerned for my welfare. She provided me with an ice bag and even called the room later to check on me. Whe I needed the name and directions to an emergency clinic she promptly helped me and would have provided me with transportation if I was unable to drive myself.
The breakfast was tasty and they had a large selection of items. That space was kept clean and neat, as were all the rooms at the hotel.
I chose the hotel in the beginning because Best Western is kind enough to allow pets in the room. Now I feel I can choose it for me too.
It was a comfortable, safe stay overall and I'll be returning again and again as it is on a route to and from family.
Ms. Crane

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
murphy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

We used this bestwestern hotel for a night stay in Lubbock. I had requested a
non-smoking room. They alloted a non-smoking room, but it had a strong cigaratte smell. I asked for another room, which was given and this was marginally better.
The room was not clean. They overcharged me after my stay.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
amarillo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

The manager, Sam, is very courteous and attentive to your needs. I travel and stay there fairly often and they do all they can to make me comfortable and welcomed. Sam is constantly upgrading the motel with improvements to rooms, decor, lobby and breakfast area. It's a great value for the money.

toledo oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

Our stay at this hotel was very memorable .All rooms were very neat and clean, more than we expected. Staff was helpful and
professional.Breakfast was excellent.While we were there they were installing brand new 32" in television sets in all rooms.
With new carpet and modernising hotel look impressive.

• Liked — i like standard of hotel which was impressive
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Caddo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

I stayed two nights at the Best Western Lubbock Windsor Inn during a recent trip to Lubbock. In a time of tight money and increasing concerns about the economy, I found the hotel to be clean, the staff friendly, the location convenient to my business meetings, and finally and very importantly . . . the room price unbeatable when compared to other local venues.
I will stay there again when I travel to Lubbock.

• Liked — Price and cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Angelo, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

Check-in was quick and easy, room was ready, roomy and clean. Wireless computer access was great, as was the free local and long distance from the room phone. I'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!