“Room not cleaned, VERY RUDE front desk people.” 2 of 5 stars

You added Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock to your Saves list
Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5816 34th St, Lubbock, TX 79407   |
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
“Room not cleaned, VERY RUDE front desk people.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

There were wrappers, bobby pins and an open safety pin in the room when we checked in. So who knows what we couldnt see. Called front desk and was on hold 10 min before they answered. He was rude and the next day when we approached the woman working she was rude too. Also the hot tub smelled like urine. Would NEVER stay again. They need new housekeepers and people behind the counter. Poorly run for sure. Stay somewhere else!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
I'm so sorry to hear that this was your first impression of us. It definitely sounds like we didn't put our best foot forward on the service front, and I hope you'll accept my sincere apologies for that. I'd like to follow up with my team about this, so if you would reach out to me with more specific information about your stay, I would much appreciate it. Thank you for the review and I'll hope to hear from you soon.

Marvin Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

All of the other positive reviews are correct.  Friendly, clean, nice, etc.  Room 104 was in direct path of the huge flood lights outside.  I asked if they could be turned off during the overnight hours, and the manager happily did so.    However, room 104 is right next to the housekeeping room/manager's back office.   There was a smell of cigars or cigarettes that was very strong in the bathroom of rm 104.    I guess the manager or his staff smoke in there and probably do not realize that the smell comes through the bathroom walls and it is very strong in rm 104.  Other than this, our stay was wonderful.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
I appreciate all the great feedback here, TL! It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay, and I couldn't be happier to hear it. I'll definitely be sure to follow up on your comments about Room 104 — cigarette smoke is never something we'd want you to be smelling, so thank you for letting us know. We'll hope to see you the next time you're in our neck of the woods!

Farmington, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We drove 10 hours to attend a funeral in Lubbock. I have had nothing but problems since I checked in. When I made the reservation I requested the bottom floor as my father is handicapped and is unable to walk stairs in an emergency. We were placed on the 3rd floor. When I asked if there were handicapped rooms on the bottom, I was told that handicapped rooms only had a bar. I asked what handicapped people do in an emergency and we were told to use the elevator. Interesting, as I have always been told to use the stairs in an emergency. Then I was required to put down a 100.00 deposit even though I paid in cash. I have never had to put down such a large deposit. We checked into the room and discovered the toilet did not flush. I called to request another room, but none were available. I then asked to have the toilet fixed while we were out and when we came back, it was not fixed. The front desk clerk came up to try and fix it but did not know what was wrong with it. We had to wait another hour for the manager to come and fix it. As we were returning from dinner, my father tripped over their curb in the parking lot and fell down. As a handicapped person, it was difficult for him to get up. While waiting for the toilet to be fixed, I had to call the front desk again to try and get on the internet to search for another hotel. When the manager finally arrived after an hour, I asked for a discount for the inconvenience of not having a toilet for 3 hours, but was quickly disregarded. This was definitely not the welcome I had expected after such a long drive. I usually don't leave reviews but I am so frustrated and I will definitely not stay here again.

Room Tip: Probably won't matter because you don't get what you request anyway.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I hope you'll accept my very sincere apologies for any inconveniences we might have caused you — especially during this tough time for your family. Your frustrations are not lost on us, and I can assure you we will do everything in our power to remedy the situation. Building maintenance can sometimes take longer than any of us would prefer, but it sounds like this wasn't communicated to you very well and I'll be sure to follow up with my team to make sure that's not the case from here on out. If you have any further comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out directly — I'd welcome the opportunity to clear up any issues here.

Arlington, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

OMG!!! This was the best hotel ever! The rooms where clean, the beds were so comfortable! I did not want to check out. I had initially booked 5 rooms at the Laquinta @ 5006 Auburn and it was terrible. We could never get checked in. I ended up having to leave there and the Sleep Inn accommodated us immediately. Talk about comfort!! The staff was amazing. I am just a simple middle class person; however the staff at Sleep Inn made me feel like a celebrity. They even accommodated me for an extra room at the last minute!! LOVE LOVE this hotel. I won't stay any where else when I am in Lubbock!! If you want comfort, cleanliness, and professionalism with a down home feel please take heed to my review and go to the Sleep Inn!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
"Comfort, cleanliness, and professionalism with a down home feel" is exactly what we're going for, so I couldn't be happier to hear that was your impression of us! It sounds like you were in quite a pickle with your other reservations and I'm thrilled we could step in and save the day — that's what we're here for! I so appreciate all your kind words here and will look forward to seeing you when you're in Lubbock!

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Another visit to Lubbock, and we went back to Sleep Inn and Suites. Same great service - quick check-in - with everything as it should be, topped off by 10% discount through TripAdvisor. Breakfast, fitness room, and room were excellent. No complaints.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
So happy to hear that round two was just as great as the first, Taylor! We pride ourselves on offering up a truly exceptional experience on all levels, so I appreciate all your kind words. I'll be sure to let my team know what a great job they did! Thank you and we'll look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in Lubbock!

Temple, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

My family and I went to Lubbock for a funeral. The day of the funeral I asked for a 3pm checkout since the funeral wasn't until 4pm. With an empty hotel I figured this would not be a problem. The lady at the desk told me they would have to charge me another full days rate. I asked for the manager to review the request. I went down stairs and spoke to the manager who told me that he would have to charge me half a days rate. This shows me it was all about the amount they could get out of me. I asked if his hotel was full that night (I knew it wasn't because there were only 4 cars in the parking lot) and he told me that it didn't matter. I've worked in the hotel industry for 5 years and I am aware this is not how you handle late checkouts. When I called to complain I was told Choice Hotels stands behind their manager even if he was rude to me. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I want to very sincerely apologize if you're under the impression we're only about the amount, Whisper. Top-notch customer service is of the utmost importance to us, and it seems as if that was called into question here. While I do understand your frustration, I hope you can understand that we have to stick with the policies put into place by our company. Unfortunately, our hands are somewhat tied in instances like these. Of course, that's no excuse for the way this was communicated to you, and I hope you'll accept my apologies for that. If you have any further comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out directly — we'd love the opportunity to clear up any issues.

Lubbock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great! Very comfortable room and great walk - in shower. Everything was clean and worked. The staff was attentive and helpful. The only improvement would be a bit more "cush" on the bed. I'll be choosing Sleep Inn hotels again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
I'm so happy to hear your most recent stay with us was a hit! Providing you with all the comforts of home when you stay with us is what we're all about, so I'm thrilled you felt well cared for. We'll look forward to seeing you the next time you're in our neck of the woods!

Marvin Patel

Been to Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock? Share your experiences!