“First visit to new property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Amarillo, TX
“First visit to new property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I frequently write reviews to help other travelers. I always look for a newer property and a good value along with it. I read other reviews on this hotel. I found them to be correct. I will add some suggestions to help the General Manager improve his hotel.
I arrived on Sunday night to find two gentlemen in front of me. I was surprised it was that crowded at 4 PM. Check in went fine. The room was very nice, modern and clean. The hotel was quiet and very pleasant and fresh. It is just off of Loop 289. There is not much around it on 34th Street, but Lubbock is fairly easy to get around in, as it has numbered streets and lettered cross streets from A to Z.
I always ask for a room on the top floor for less noise. Our room was on 4 facing the back side of the hotel. They make cookies in the afternoon, and popcorn also. This is a nice gesture. The hotel is well laid out and easy to get around in.
I went into the Business Center to use the computer and neither computer would work. I told the guy at the front desk. The next morning, I was asked by another front desk employee, if the computer was working. That was impressive that a different employee followed up directly with me.
The breakfast was good. Eggs, waffles you can bake yourself, and of course, sausage, and biscuits that particular day. She brought out fresh ones, as we had come down near 9 AM, which is the end of the breakfast hour there.
Others mentioned the shower. It WAS great! A walk in shower with great temperature, a large showerhead and water pressure. Also, TWO people can get in and not feel crowded in there.

I also look for a pool and hot tub when I travel and take full advantage of those. The area looked new, nice and clean. I do have a couple of suggestions. The hot tub was not real warm. I would say it was in the 90's. Usually 100-102 is a good temperature. Many hotels do not keep them very warm. I did ask them if they could turn it up a little. The next morning Amber indicated they had or would do that. But the 2nd night, it was no warmer. There were lots of suds once we got in, also.
The pool was clean. And a good temperature, not too hot or cool. BUT this pool had lots of salt in it. I swim laps, so I got a little water in my mouth accidentally, or I would not have noticed. Maybe this is helpful to keeping it clean, I am not sure. Possibly some other method could be used to minimize the salt.

Restaurants are mainly across town at 50th, over in the University/Tech area, or out on the Southwest side off the Loop. There is a Market Street United grocery store at 19th and Quaker. I work for the company, and this is a 24 hour store and VERY beautiful.

All in all,, it was a very nice stay. There are many hotels to choose from, new and otherwise, but I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The top floor and on the backside of the hotel facing east.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thanks so much for the review and for the constructive feedback! We are still fairly new, so comments like yours are instrumental in helping us adjust and improve as a hotel. Our staff works hard to make every guest feel welcomed and well cared for, so I'm pleased to hear they stayed on top of your needs. I'll certainly pass your compliments along to them! As far as the pool and hot tub, we'll definitely pass this feedback on to our maintenance staff. Hopefully both will be much more to your liking on your next visit! Thanks again for the glowing review and we'll look forward to hosting you the next time you're in Lubbock!

Marvin Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The rooms are amazing for the price (large room,nice modern tv,mini fridge,microwave) the service is average defiantly not great but not bad either.The location is pretty good too(close to the strip mall). I would defiantly stay here again

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for this short and sweet review about us! Offering our guests an amazing room is what we're aiming for. That said, we're also aiming for amazing service too, so I'm a bit disappointed to hear we didn't make a better impression on you. We're always trying to become better so feel free to reach out to us with more feedback about how we could improve in that area.

Thanks again for your feedback! We'll see you the next time you're in Lubbock.

Lubbock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had a huge plumbing problem at my apartments and needed a close facility for a couple of nights. I was extremely pleased with the senior rate for this new hotel. When I checked in, the clerk was very nice and friendly, the lobby area clean and bright and fresh popcorn and cookies were available for a nice afternoon snack. The breakfast room is huge and very nicely furnished also. My room was clean and very new, really liked the long console with a desk and cubbies for the microwave and mini-fridge. Love the bathroom motion sensor light! Bonus...attached mirror by the sink with a magnifying side, perfect for putting on makeup. I had more towels in a single queen room than some facilities have for a double room! Really like the photo décor they chose for the hallways and rooms. Even though there is construction on the next lot and the Loop less than a block away, the noise was not bad at all, didn't even hear hall noise or traffic and I was across from the elevators. The breakfast buffet offered make it waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, home fries, hot biscuits and gravy in addition to fruit, yogurt, sweet rolls. Being in West Texas tortillas were also available for burritos. Being local I probably won't be needing a motel again but if I did, would certainly return to Sleep Inn. And I will recommend it to anyone who asks. Very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
It was our absolute pleasure to make your stay with us enjoyable as possible! Guest comfort is one of our highest priorities, and I'm happy to know that we were able to make your stay with us like a home away from home.

Thanks for taking the time to write this detailed review about us — we truly appreciate your support. I hope you don't run into any more plumbing problems, but we'll be here if you need a place to stay.

Oklahoma!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was in Lubbock last week for work and stayed at the Sleep Inn. The hotel is pretty new, and the price was great. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Exactly what I look for a in a mid-priced hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the wonderful review! Providing you with a top-notch experience at a reasonable price is our main goal, so you can always count on us for a comfortable, clean room and outstanding service. We'll look forward to hosting you the next time you're in the area!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here late July of 2013 for one night so we could tour Tech Campus, which was a ten minute drive away. Hotel is new, so it was clean. Stayed in standard room with two queens. Decor was nice-accent painted wall so it's wasn't the "bright white" you sometimes find. Did not eat breakfast here or use the pool, but I did grab some coffee. The spread looked good-usual hot and cold options you find at many hotels. The desk clerk didn't seem too into his job, but he greated us promptly and got us checked in without issue. Would stay here again. Can't beat the price. The area was a bit sketchy, but I didn't see many "nice" residential areas off the loop. They are building something in front of the hotel, right off the feeder. Couldn't tell what it's going to be. Plenty of parking. I would stay here again. Couldn't beat the price and a new hotel is always appealing. Many restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review, Veronica! College tours are certainly an exciting time and we're glad we could be here to make your visit even better. We know travel can be tough, which is why we strive to offer you all the comforts of home during your stay. Next time you stay with us, you'll have to try out our breakfast — we're confident it's the best in town! We'll look forward to hosting you again next time you're in Lubbock!

Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was very happy with this Sleep Inn. It was convenient to the highway and easy to find and get to. It was clean, seemed fairly new, nicely decorated. The beds were comfortable, there were lots of soft, fluffy pillows. They allow pets, with pretty stringent (appropriately) rules about not being left alone, no barking, etc. The rooms were quite, minimal traffic noise facing the highway but nothing that kept me (or my family) awake.
The only thing that was disappointing was the breakfast. The hours were a bit limiting, ending at 9:30, which doesn't seem so early except that we had to eat in shifts to not leave the dog alone in the room. By the time my daughter and I went to eat at 9:15, there was very little left. When I asked at the front desk, they did bring more biscuits and sausage, but no eggs. They had tortillas and salsa, which earns points from me, but no cheese or potatoes and like I said, the eggs were gone. The milk was almost gone when we got cereal. More people came to eat after we did and the food ran out again. The food that was there was good.
We would stay there again, but plan our morning differently.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Many thanks for the kind words about our hotel, Patricia. Traveling with your pup can create extra complications, so we're happy to offer you a comfortable place for you and your pet to rest your heads. Your compliments about our nice decor and comfortable beds are much appreciated, as well. Our hotel is still fairly new so it's always great to hear when the effort that went into making it a wonderful place to stay is noticed.

I apologize if your breakfast experience didn't knock it out of the park. I'll certainly keep your comments about the hours and the items you'd like to see in mind. We're always looking for ways to improve so your feedback is valued. We hope to see you again next time you're in the area!

Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We came to Lubbock for a family reunion. We stayed at the hotel for four nights. Everything about the hotel was perfect for our needs. Great price, very good breakfast and a nice indoor pool. The hotel is very new so it is well appointed and clean. The only negative I can think of is the elevator.......so slow! Otherwise, this hotel hits the mark.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for writing us a wonderful review! It's great to hear our hotel was the perfect fit for you and your family while you were in town. We know how tough travel can be, so we provide extra comforts like a hot breakfast and an indoor pool to make your stay as easy & comfortable as can be! Sorry to hear our elevator was a little slow for your liking — the next time we have the maintenance guys out I'll mention it to them. I hope we'll see you again next time you're in the neighborhood!

Marvin Patel

Been to Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock? Share your experiences!