“It's a LaQuinta” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 57 Hotels in Lubbock
Charlotte, North Carolina
“It's a LaQuinta”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is my second stay here and it's an average La Quinta. Some rooms are updated some are not. Lobby is nice with places to relax and unwind or meet someone for business purposes.

Upon checking in/out the staff was helpful and pleasant this visit.

My room overall was as expected updated and furnished well. The bathroom area is small and the hot water from the sink took 5 minutes to warm up enough to wash my hands.

The shower on the other hand had two hot knobs so it was very confusing and time consuming to figure out which was hot and what was cold. Again it took about 5 minutes to get lukewarm water from the hot knob only. When I added just a bit of cold water it went back to ice cold.

Internet goes up and down and sporadic in the mornings and that makes it difficult for a business trip like I was on.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Artesia, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We booked the room through Priceline..so got pretty decent rate. We were in town to Tour Texas Tech. We had reservation for a non smoking room, but we were given a smoking room. So after a phone call to the front desk, and a trip down 3 floors we were given a non smoking room. Beds were ok. AC Worked great. Rooms were clean. One of the problems was the water temp, and pressure. No pressure when I showered at 6AM, and the hot water would turn all the way up, but the cold nozzle just barely turned at all. So had to do some experimenting with that to get a good mixture. Breakfast was very crowded, but well stocked, also only two waffle irons and a whole lobby full of hungry people. Never know how long 2.5 mins is til you are waiting on the person in front of you making a waffle.

Hobbs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

They staff is very friendly and helpful. Interior of hotel is very open and clean. It is a great location for the medical center and has a good restaurant next to it. Easy to get to major shopping areas and the university.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this La Quinta because we had to for our son's baseball tournament: we had to use the hotel the tournament booked for us, which is the ONLY reason we stayed there. Upon arrival, was told no rooms were available (housekeeping hadn't cleared any). Nevermind that the lady right in front of me had just checked into a room. When I told the clerk I had been on the road since two in the morning she said she would go physically check the rooms since the housekeeping manager was not available. I told her I appreciated that, then she proceeded to jerk her keys and stomp away to check. When she came back, instead of calling to me to let me know she had a room (I was seated in the lobby just in front of the desk), she proceeded to check another lady in, giving her no problems at all.
Once we arrived in our room, we saw that a thick layer of dust was on the end table between the beds. The bathroom was so small you could barely turn around in it. There were brown stains on the door frame leading to the bathroom, urine stains on the wall near the toilet. The bathtub was dirty and the floor in the bathroom was absolutely revolting. A very thick layer of dirt and gunk on the top of the baseboards in the bathroom. The water in the shower was either scalding hot or freezing cold. No in between. Housekeeping would turn the A/C off whenever they "cleaned" the room and it would take several hours to cool the room back off...NOT cool when coming in from sweltering on the baseball fields to an oven in your room. We had to pay $95/night for the room. It was not worth $40!!! Will NEVER go back and will NOT recommend to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

After booking several rooms, I called to try and get them close together and near the pool. NOT once did they tell me the pool was not working. =( * And I found out at check out it had been down for months.
On the other hand the mattresses were fairly comfy, and the room fairly clean. Bathroom is a bit small.
Staff was friendly enough. One gal I think is there 24/7...I wondered if she ever went off duty.
Overall the hotel is family friendly. I would stay again, but only if the pool was functioning to give the kids something to do.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Excellent hotel value. Only problem, we booked on LQ's phone reservation line and specifically confirmed there was a pool. There was a pool, half full of nasty looking water. If your traveling with a pet, ask for the handicap room with separate outside entrance. Your animal will not have to go through the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Carlsbad, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed here many times due to a family member's medical condition. Every stay keeps getting worse so this is the last. Last time, the maids never changed my sheets, I know because I hid things between the sheets at the foot of the bed that never moved. Today upon check in, I walked into a room with trash in the trash can, a dirty laundry bag on the floor, and a filthy floor with leaf debris and about five of those little rubber bands that people wear on their braces on the floor. Pool still not open even though it is almost July, and the desk clerks are clueless. Corporate REALLY needs to investigate this management or franchisee.

Room Tip: Choose one at another hotel