“Careful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Dallas, United States
“Careful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The complimentary manager's reception is not complimentary, you will be charged for drinks. Some guests did receive multiple free drinks, but we were charged. The bartender said he would correct, but didn't. Otherwise, the hotel is centrally located & the rooms are clean.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feed back on your stay with us at our hotel. We apologized for the miscommunication during our Managers Reception.We hope to get another opportunity to make things right for you. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Lubbock, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We needed a place to stay because our house was being painted. The staff was so helpful and accommodating. Our room was clean and quiet. When I called to make the reservation, I told the lady our house was being painted. When we checked into our room, the staff had placed a personal note along with a basket of goodies for us! We definitely will be recommending ES to our family and friends!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a Wonderful feedback on your stay with us. I am pleased to see that our staff took care of you while your house was being painted and enjoyed the giftbasket for you.Thank you again for choosing the Embassy Suites of Lubbock, Texas
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights on business in Jan 2014 and have over 1500 lifetime hotel nights spread between Hilton, Marriott and Starwood (half with Hilton). Arriving at the Hotel I was greeted by several employees with direct eye contact and offered a drink. Check in, etc , went smoothly and a paid room upgrade was swiftly negotiated at a reasonable rate.

I had dinner in the bar (excellent salmon on a plank for $20 cooked the way I requested and a rum punch made the way that I requested).

The next day I was working out in the gym (Hilton Precor - very well equipped ) and cursing my self because I had forgotten my water bottle. To my astonishment, the manager Steve Skolnik appeared at my side with a complimentary chilled bottle of Fiji Water. (He must have noticed in passing that I did not have one, then taken the time to locate one and return with it). That has only happened to me once before (in a Ritz Carlton where they had them on hand in the gym as would be expected - hence the title of this review).

Room Tip: Room 358 is very quiet, spacious and bright
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for your outstanding review of our property and the comparision of the Ritz Carlton, I am so pleased to hear your compliments to our staff (Steven) and hotel! We strive to pay attention to little details and put ourselves in the position of our guests as we serve. Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites for your lodging needs! We hope next time you come to Lubbock we can also welcome you back to the property!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have stayed at many hotels, including many Embassy Suites, so it takes a lot to really impress me. The welcome at the door, the above-and-beyond support we needed during our visit, and the positive energy of the staff were impressive. As we rode in a taxi to the hotel, the driver commented that is the best hotel in Lubbock - we can't compare to other Lubbock sites, but we can say it was excellent on all accounts.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the Best Hotel in Lubbock review! We all work hard to provide a great experience for our guests, and it’s nice to hear when we have hit the mark. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Embassy Suites Lubbock again soon!
Lubbock, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Model Hotel for Customer Service and Excellent Management Staff - BRAVO! The Management Team, the Cleanliness of the Hotel and the willingness of the staff to help, no matter what time of day, is wonderful. I feel safe, welcome and appreciated as an Embassy Customer in Lubbock.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for your incredible feedback on our property. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoy our property above others in the city. It is always a joy to interact with our guests such as yourself. Our guests tend to enjoy the staff more than anything else in our hotel and that is something we strive for. Thank you again for your review and choosing The Embassy Suites of Lubbock. We look forward to your return!
Missouri City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Very nice, very clean, staff is extremely friendly. Convenient to just about everything in Lubbock. I don't like that my review is REQUIRED to have a minimum of 200 characters. I wrote all I had to say.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your excellent feedback on our property! I am so pleased that you enjoyed that the hotel is close to everything and love the service all of our team members provided. We hope to welcome you back to Embassy Suites in Lubbock very soon!
Snyder, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The bartenders were incredibly rude. Understandable I work in the oil field and was not dressed up since I had come straight from work, but the bartenders treated my wife and I like trash. The manager tried to fix it but the staff made him look even worse. Stayed in the Presidential suite and it was nice, but for what I paid, I deserved to be treated better.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry your Embassy experience was not typical of the service and comfort we are known to provide. I hope the next time you're in Lubbock, TX, you will consider giving the property another chance.

Been to Embassy Suites Lubbock? Share your experiences!