“VERY PRICEY FOR AN OLD HOTEL” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #3 of 56 hotels in Lubbock
Texas USA
“VERY PRICEY FOR AN OLD HOTEL”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The staff is great but the hotel itself is older and very cramped and outdated. The rates are very pricey for an older hotel. When I walked into my room it had an older musty smell and not at all the way the pictures online presented this Hotel. At their buffet breakfast area the rock walls were flaking onto the carpet which appeared not to be cleaned in some time.
Absolutely WOULD NOT recommend this one.

Save your money and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere !!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry your Embassy experience was not typical of the service and comfort we are known to provide. I hope the next time you're in Lubbock, TX, you will consider giving the property another chance.

415 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I always prefer to stay in this hotel, whenever I have stayed in Lubbock. The staff is very professional, welcoming and attend to your needs. The quality of room is good and evening reception is nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us and other customers! It is always a pleasure when our guests can share the testimony of our property. I am so pleased to see that you think we are the best hotel in town. We hope to welcome you back to the property in the very future! Thank you again for choosing Embassy Suites out of the many hotel choices in Lubbock, TX.
Ankeny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I came down to Lubbock on business and Embassy Suites made me feel as if I was on vacation. Everyone was friendly and attentive to any needs I had as well as open to suggestion. In the evening when I returned to the hotel and typically worked through the night in the common area on my laptop; someone was constantly asking if there was anything I needed. The only reason I didn't rank it as five is because the price was a "Great" (one to two star price) price especially considering the service. I would recommend stopping by just for the experience and ask for KP/Mike.

Great Job!!1

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased the staff was able to give you a relaxing vacation experience during your business trip! It is always a pleasure when we can provide for our guests. KP and I would be pleased to assist anyone you send our way. Thank you again for choosing our property for your lodging needs. We hope to welcome you back very soon, whether it is for business or pleasure!
Coahoma, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here on our honeymoon and had a great time. I had been to another Embassy in Lubbock years ago, but apparently this is the only one there now. However it did not dissapoint. We had a great room and spent about three days there. Visited the hotel bar a few times - great service, very friendly barista. The inside of the hotel is like a tropical garden, there are huge plants everywhere and a lagoon with koi and waterfalls - very nice. The full - cooked to order breakfast buffet was great and saved us a good deal of money every morning, and again the cooks and staff were phenomenal. I can't say enough about this hotel. Hopefully we will have an excuse to go back soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow, thank you for your great review of our property. I am so pleased that you were able to join us for your honeymoon. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our food and beverage team on a job well done. Guests are often fond of the atmosphere of our atrium and our lovely koi pond. We look forward to your next visit with us, no matter what excuse brings you! Thank you again for choosing Embassy Suites.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked the king suite it was a nice bed and I enjoyed the seperate tv bedroom combo. The toiletries are a nice touch. Our kids shared the queen pullout sofa bed which the felt was nice. Only problems we had was finding a nice degree of warm to bathe our kids in. Seemed super hot and scalding was all that worked for a bath but the shower was a diff story. We got put on the front side near the bar which isn't so fun when it's 9:30pm and you want to sleep but it's noisy out there and doesn't close until 11pm. We cled down front but they only offered to move us a few rooms down which would of done nothing and I didn't feel up to moving after that late in the evening. The cooked to order breakfast is a nice touch and that's what keeps me staying with embassy.

• Stayed August 2013
Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent experience with us. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and your made to order breakfast. We hope to see you at our property again in the near future and this time with more comfortable water temperatures in your suite. Thank you again for choosing Embassy Suites for your lodging needs in Lubbock, TX.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Again , the staff Laushok , Rishi , Steven mike and the staff at breakfast were wonderful
Best place to stay in Lubbock and the staff makes you feel at home
The beautiful tropical plants nods fish give it a sense of serenity

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back to our property on your next visit to Lubbock, TX! Thank you again for choosing Embassy Suites out of the many choices in town!
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have stayed here in the past, about 5 years ago. It hasn't changed much nor improved. Rooms have a "new bed" that are flat and hard. Furnishings are low end and seams to be the same the property opened with many
years ago.
Had issue with smoking on our floor, we booked and our confirmation assured it was 100% smoke free. Far from it! Called down 3-4 times about the issue, finally a manager came to our room to explain that a guest whom had been staying for a few months was allowed to smoke in his room since the "smoke free" property was a new occurrence. But no one at the front desk could explain this when we called as soon as we arrived in our room.
Was offered a free movie, I didn't think much of this offer! Managed to have a small reduction in our rate.

I hope that this property can truly become smoke free and receive some updating soon.
I like the Embassy Suites concept, but I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent experience with us. We sincerely apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. I hope that we get another opportunity to better serve you. All this issues will be address and Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Been to Embassy Suites Lubbock? Share your experiences!