“Fun weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Plainview, Texas
“Fun weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is very nice. We stayed in a king size suite. Even though there were lots of kids running up and down the hall, we didn't hear them once we were in our room.
The breakfast was pretty typical for a complimentary breakfast, but they had an additional cook to order bar. You could have omelets, eggs cooked your way, etc.
The beds weren't the most comfortable, but the rooms were very nice and had plenty of space.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed at the Embassy Suites in one of the king suites and we were truly impressed by the service of the staff in the bar & restaurant. The manager's reception included drinks and appetizers in such a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere that we decided to stay there for dinner too. The food was top notch...as good if not better than any restaurant in town. Room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast service made to order in the morning was so much better than just the buffet style of most hotels. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Lubbock area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
El Paso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

A little background first. I have stayed at the Embassy Suites Lubbock multiple times over the past 4 1/2 years because my son has been attending Texas Tech. I'd estimate I've stayed a minimum of 30 nights total. Prior to this stay (Dec 13-Dec 17, 2012) I took a "Time Out" from staying here because the management and service had taken a major nose dive on my last stay. On my last stay, at about 10 PM the night I checked in a large group of kids were playing hide and go seek in the vast, U shaped atrium. They were running throughout the hall areas on all 3 floors, going up and down the elevators and yelling at each other. My room was right next to one of the elevators. When I called the front desk, they advised me that their "security" didn't notice any kids running around but that they could move me to another room? I advised them to perhaps have their security take a walk through the atrium. There were other issues on that stay. Breakfast (especially the coffee) was not up to Embassy Suites standards, and after being out of my room all day there was nothing more irritating than coming back to find your room had not been cleaned at 5:30 PM.

After staying at a couple other hotel properties in the greater Lubbock area the past year and a half, I decided to give Embassy Suites another try for my son's graduation. For this stay, it was one room for my husband, my mom and myself.

When we arrived at the hotel I was immediately impressed. I received warm greetings from everyone in the front desk area. I was given a room on the first floor as I had requested when making the original reservation. I had not expected that would be honored given that this was an extremely high volume week/weekend due to the Tech graduations (several ceremonies were held on both Friday and Saturday for multiple colleges within the University).

The room was very clean, though the age is beginning to show with the furnishings and decor. The hotel still has the same furnishings/decor it had when I first stayed there in early 2008. The breakfast was excellent and the folks working in the breakfast area were very friendly and customer service oriented. The same can be said for the bartenders working the manager's reception. Excellent service there as well. A little more variety on the managers reception snacks would have been good, but I must say we were very impressed to find they had brie and fresh veggies available a couple of nights. As a low carber, it was nice for me to actually have something to snack on!

Though I didn't use the exercise facility, for those who do it should be noted that the hotel has built an addition to the back side of the property that houses a now much larger workout area with what appears to be state of the art equipment. Very nice.

I have only two negatives for this stay. 1) I had to call the front desk 2 days in a row to try to secure enough towels for the number of guests in our room. 3 guests does not equal 2 towels. I think the hotel is trying to save laundry $$ by minimizing the numbers of towels, hand towels and washcloths placed in the rooms. 2) Once again, each day the room was not cleaned until around 5 PM. I know they clean the rooms where guests have checked out first, but this has been an issue with this particular hotel for a really long time. Some extra housekeeping staff during busy weeks should be considered?

Overall, we had a really nice stay at the Embassy Suites Lubbock. I definitely get a feeling that the management has changed for the better since my last stay. The staff was friendly, the hotel was clean, the breakfast and manager's reception was good and the hotel itself is in an excellent location to travel anywhere in Lubbock within a short period of time. I will definitely stay here again.

One bit of advice: If you plan to stay here during a peak period (graduation, football games, etc.) book EARLY! I booked this December stay back in January or February and got really good rates (130's per night). The later you book the higher the rates become (180's to 200's per night). This is a college town and rooms sell out fast during big events.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed in one of the King suites and it was absolutely beautiful, nice size room, very comfortable! I loved this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone stopping in Lubbock or anywhere else! I had never stayed at an Embassy hotel before, but when I Googled best hotels in Lubbock it brought up the Embassy and I knew that's where I wanted to stay, when i walked into the hotel I was shocked to see all the greenery and the creativeness, it was very pretty and if I ever stop in Lubbock again I will certainly stay there!

Room Tip: If you can afford it get a King suite! They are amazing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I travel frequently all across the United States and I have not found a hotel that can compare in service to this one! You would think little old Lubbock Texas wouldn't have much to offer, but quite the opposite.
This hotel will service you like you've never been serviced before. They believe in providing a personal touch to each and every guest. It all starts at the front Desk with Steven, Mikey, Omar, Shannon, Katie, and Jimmy. When you pull up they are ready and waiting for you and will know you by name. You're greeted with the most amazing hospitality that makes you feel right at home.
On a side note, they also provide a shuttle service I utilized upon arrival, but my arrival made it kind of tricky. My flight was delayed 3 times and ended up arriving at 11 P.M. They don't even run shuttles that late and made it a point to come pick me up. Katie was insistent even after my offer to simply get a cab. Her pleasant and patient demeanor was absolutely astonishing, especially after waiting forever for my luggage to come out on an already late pick up.
Once you get into the peaceful ambiance with the waterfalls and fish, it's easy to enjoy the Manager's reception with complimentary beverages and appetizers. Marcus will make you feel like king as he serves you with his contagious smile. Literally from the front end of the hotel to the back, it's amazing. The rooms are updated and clean always, and I couldn't think of a more perfect place to spend my time away from home. This is my home away from home! Thanks Embassy Suites Lubbock!

Room Tip: Ask for the presidential suite!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Southlake, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The staff is very attentive and extremely friendly. Also the breakfast is a good feature. The hotel is old and in need of updating. My room was missing hand soap, some towels and a shower cap. These are things that are normally inside the rooms. The next day I was still missing a bath mat and soap. I had to call down to get it. They brought it promptly. Parking is a challenge with the new bank there. I do really like the location. Accessible to where I need to go and food options if eating outside the hotel. The beds are ok. The most modern part of the room is the TVs. They give two flat screen TVs that are good to watch. When I first got to the room my floor was a little dirty but housekeeping came quickly and vacuumed. My company has this as the preferred hotel. It is still somewhat pricey for what you get compared to other cities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michelle T, Manager at Embassy Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

The service was bad down at the bar the food was terrible and waitress was not so good we waited for our food for a hour and it was freezing cold when it came out veggies was right out of the freezer and places on the plate asked for briquette burger they had no briquette at all. Steaks weren't done.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at our hotel. We strive for the Manager’s Reception to be a stress-free, relaxed, social environment where guests can unwind from their day; I sincerely apologize that this was not your experience. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience and reviews like these provide insight. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area, so we can demonstrate the level of hospitality the Embassy Suites brand is known for.

Been to Embassy Suites Lubbock? Share your experiences!