“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
San Antonio, Texas
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

No complaints about this hotel. This is our family's 1st choice when staying in Lubbock. The staff is ALWAYS very FRIENDLY. Everyone has a smile and says hello. They always make me feel welcomed and somewhat like family or an old friend. The staff is always making sure everything is okay. I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from the hotel to confirm my reservation and assure me that my room was ready and awaiting my arrival. I'd say there aren't any surprises here, but I'd be wrong. This hotel always seems to surpise me when I stay here. Last time it was a private dinner reception they prepared for our son's graduation. When we told the staff we couldn't locate a restaurant to accommodate us, the Embassy staff offered to prepare a meal on site for us. The price was actually cheaper than going out to eat, we did not have to drive anywhere, and the meal was delicious. This stay, since the hotel was booked to capacity, they allowed us to stay in an upgraded room at no additional charge. I'm sure they could have just as easily rented this out at full price to another family, but we aren't complaining. We'll we never do. The staff makes sure there are never any complaints. I must confess that I do have one complaint though. I have a hard time staying at other hotels with staff sub-par to the ones you find here at Embassy Suites in Lubbock, TX.
The breakfast and managers receptions are wonderful bonuses too. After a long drive, checking in and unloading luggage, it's nice to be able to relax with a complimentary welcome reception. An open bar and light snacks welcome you "home" each evening. A cooked to order breakfast awaits you in the mornings. There is no reason to have to leave once you check in. Food, drinks, and friendly hospitality are all available just a few feet from your room.
Why would you not stay at the Embassy Suites? Maybe you like having to drive around for breakfast, or maybe you just don't know any better.
Once you try the Embassy Suites in Lubbock, TX you'll never want to stay anywhere else.

Say "Hello" to Justin if he's working when you check in.

Room Tip: Book early. The Embassy Suites is one of the better (if not the best) hotels in Lubbock. They reach...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Ruidoso, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

The staff and rooms here are great but the place needs a major renovation. The fountain in the lobby is beautiful and the evening reception is great. Only complaint is we had a view of a brick wall for our room

Stayed December 2011
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Only stay at this hotel twice a year.........but the service is always fantastic.
I stepped out of the shuttle from the airport today........the general manager greeted me and handed my room key to me. Did not even have to go the front desk.
All of the folks here are friendley and willing to help......

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012 via mobile

I travel all the time and this property is nice but over priced for diamond members. As nice as it was I will not stay there again for the price. Breakfast was just average.
Staff was exceedingly friendly.

Stayed March 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Everything about our stay was great!! We had reservations for three nights, but ended up extending our stay to four nights. Nadia and Alex worked the front desk and were both outstanding! The breakfast buffet was perfect, and the free drinks at night were also very good. Our room was large and clean. I would strongly recommend this hotel!!

Kevin from Weatherford, Texas

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We had four rooms here in march for a mini family reunion. Lobby and public areas are very attractive. The complimentary manager's reception is very nice but can get crowded. You can get mixed drinks, wine and two kinds of tap beer at no cost but you cannot bring anything of your own to eat or drink due to their rules. The snacks were on the light side. We were asked to move to our room when we had pizza delivered to the reception area. I wish they enforced the rules at the pool as strictly as there were so many kids with no adult present. They were running and diving and pretty much ruined it for any young children. We did comment to the pool attendant but nothing was done. Rooms are nice with good bedding. The breakfast is very nice and cooked to order with many options, but was crowded. They have one toaster which really caused a back log. Parking was ample and free wifi worked fine. Great location, close to many restaurants and the mall.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

I spend >50 nights annually at hotels and this is one of the best-run, best-value, most comfortable hotels I have stayed at in the last decade. You will not be sorry.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Embassy Suites Lubbock? Share your experiences!