“Okay but not great this time” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Okay but not great this time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel. The first time, last year, it was great. Less so this time. That's why although I am going to be critical of this visit, I gave a higher rating because my previous visit was excellent-this could be an aberration. But one thing that was consistent was the hotel personnel were the nicest I can ever recall meeting. They greet you with a smile at the door and seem to want to do anything to please.
But this time, a few little things. The closet in the room did not have pants hangers. There are no outlets near the bed to plug in an iPhone or computer. I needed something and the front desk person said she would bring it up right away. I had to call 15 minutes later to ask again for the item. Room service was very slow and not all the food was properly prepared (they took the meal off the bill the next day, even though I insisted it was unnecessary). There was a problem with the bedroom TV so some stations, including NBC, did not come in at all. The stations did come through on the outer room TV. In the morning, I got up early and asked to cancel my wake-up call. A few minutes later as I showered, the wake-up call came anyway and the phone kept ringing over and over. As I checked out, the desk clerk was clearly concerned about my experiences and wrote everything down. I got the feeling she really wanted to fix things.

Room Tip: This is a big hotel so if you want to avoid a LONG walk, ask for a room near the lobby elevator (on...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Roswell, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We travel to Lubbock fairly often because it's a close drive for us and their shopping is a thousand times better than where we live. Embassy Suites has never disappointed. Although we've tried a couple of other hotels in town, we always go back to Embassy Suites.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Lubbock Embassy Suites between Christmas and New Years. The hotel was decorated for the holidays and very enjoyable. We enjoy staying here when we need a room in Lubbock. The atmosphere is pleasing, the happy hour appreciated and the breakfast always pulls us in (but sometimes we sleep through it!) This was our experience again. Clean and comfortable. Never a disappointment. The staff was attentive throughout the facility. Access was a little tricky with construction on the east side (non-affiliated with the hotel). We soon figured out how to enter from an alternate route. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Customer service was great! We were greeted as we entered and exited the hotel. The hotel staff seemed very friendly and willing to make sure we had a pleasant stay.

Our room was available as soon as we arrived. I travelled with my sister and her three daughters. We had the suite with two queen beds and 1 sofa bed. At no point did I feel cramped or annoyed. The bathroom is very small, but the sink/mirror is separate from the tub/toilet. This was convenient so that one person could bath, and another could use the mirror. :)

I slept late so I missed the free breakfast, but my sister and nieces got a chance to enjoy it on the last day.

My only complaints are very petty. (Small bathroom and no dvd player.) But having the two flat screens was great! Otherwise I would have been stuck watching Nickelodeon or something.

I will definitely stay at the Embassy anytime I'm in Lubbock. Excellent customer service, clean facilities, location was wonderful (mall/movies/restaurants), and the atrium was as beautiful as the photos. Management is doing an exceptional job at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We went to Lubbock to go to a Texas Tech football game with the family. Embassy Suites was a nice place to stay at very reasonable rates with breakfast and happy hour included. They even offer a shuttle to the TTU football game for a fee. The beds are very comfortable and room spacious and staff is very nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Monroe, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This was a nice place, although the "suites" are a little cramped. Comfortable bed, relatively quiet. Breakfast was nice too! Staff was super accomodating.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I started traveling for work in November of 2009. I stay in a hotel Mon-Fri at least two weeks out of the month, sometimes three. I have now stayed in hotels all over the entire country from the state of Washington to Washington D.C.
This was the very first hotel I ever stayed in. At the time I had all of these minor complaints. My room was right above the front door facing the open atrium area and I had some very small other ridiculous issue with some of the ammenities, but I can't even remember what it was now.
What I do remember is how I wish I was staying in this hotel everywhere I go. I have tried to recapture the magic by staying at other Embassy Suites and Hilton family hotels, but I have never found the combination of fantastic that this hotel provides.
The service was amazing. Every single employee was "on" all of the time. They catered to every need with a warm and sincere smile and greeting. They would greet me by name and would chat when warranted. The local person I was there to train had worked in the hotel industry for years and suggested they might have a inspection or review coming up, so we asked. No, they said, they were always like this and I believe them!
I had absolutely no issues with the perfect suite, the great internet service, the good food, business services and areas, or the cleanliness. I can't believe now I didn't realize what a great hotel this is.
There is a lovely patio area near the bar. I don't drink, but I saw many people enjoying their cocktails on the patio in the evening. It seemed like everyone in the restaurant, bar, and patio area were really enjoying their stays and I know why now.
Every Embassy Suites has their little atrium area, but this one is unique with a coy pond and really lovely foliage. I now know the special care they have taken to keep it looking so nice.
The only possible draw back to staying in this hotel is that it is right off of the highway on a chain restaurant and hotel street. It is not near the university or downtown. If site seeing isn't on your agenda or you don't mind driving to get to the local fare and hotspots, then you should stay here. I hate staying on hotel/restaurant row when I stay in a city, but I would overlook all of that and deal with the hassel of driving and looking for parking if I ever went back.
I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Please stay here.

Room Tip: The rooms near the front entrance can be a little noisy from the bar patrons.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Lubbock? Share your experiences!