“Good enough- not excellent.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
“Good enough- not excellent.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011 via mobile

Our family stayed there for a college graduation. Collectively we spent 1600 dollars. Later in the evening, the 12 of us gathered around a bunch of tables in the dining room. One of the employees was very nice about asking us if we needed plates for the graduation cake that we were gathered around. We asked one of the managers if we could have some plastic cups. He scolded us and told us that "outside" food was not allowed in the hotel. He back-tracked when we confronted him on it, and said that we could have food in our hotel rooms. So apparently, $400 gets you a room, but you're not allowed to celebrate a college graduation using cake in public places. His argument: they have a restaurant in the hotel. Unless their restaurant (which was over-priced and closed after 8) makes specialty cakes... Not a solid defense. We have another student who will be graduating from Texas Tech in the next 2 years, and we will be giving our business to another hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
EmbassySuitesLubbock, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Good afternoon my name is Walter Riggs, I wanted to thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you selected our property to celebrate such a special occasion, yet truly disappointed that our service did not match your expectations. We have addressed this response to ensure it never happens again. As my VIP guest I would like to invite you and your family to our restaurant. You will find that everything from the Sea bass to the Short ribs are of the highest quality. We hope that you will provide us the opportunity to change your mind in the future. Feel free to contact me at your leisure to further discuss this matter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Ashley and the entire staff are the most accomodating I have ever experienced. I have
been in the Oil Business for 30 Years and have travelled everywhere. This Hotel has
the best service of any, including but not limited to the Hilton, Hyatt, & Four Seasons,
etc. I have been in the Hotel five consecutive months and plan to stay through the end
of the year. Tell everyone to experience the Embassy Suites-Lubbock!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Ashley, along with the entire team is dedicated to making this home for all of our guest. We are certainly glad that you have enjoyed your time here at Lubbock Embassy Suites.
Artesia, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stay here just about every time we come to Lubbock for the weekend. Rooms are always clean and well kept. The pool is nice. Our daughter loves the pond that is in the front of the hotel. The free breakfast and happy hour are also worth the money. It is almost always $200 a night but it is worth it.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great recommendation for the hotel. We know that there are many choices when traveling to Lubbock and we appreciate you staying with us. The pond is my favorite part of the hotel as well, I will save her a spot next to the fish. Come back soon.
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Although tis is a hotel that caters to everything from weddings to the casual traveler. I found it to be among the best business travel environments that I have encountered in 35 years of business travel I spent 11/2 months at the hotel and found consistent professional service from the housekeeping staff to the sales department and hotel management. The staff at the hotel must have all graduated at the top of every Hilton trainig proram that they encountered. They were truly there to serve and make the client feel welcome. Food was excellent, rooms clean and quiet preserved. Special thanks to Nehal, Kristy, Devon, Dee & Mel and all the staff.

Room Tip: 3 rd floor rooms away from elevators
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel about 10 times this year. It gets better everytime. The people who work there go out of their way to mae you feel comfortable. They recognize return customers but even make new customers feel special.
They now have a new fitness center which is about 10 times the size of the old one. They constantly update their menus and breakfast is a real treat.
This is exactly the kind of place you want to stay at when you are a road warrior. It feels like a 2nd home. It is also family friendly. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Lubbock, TX. Mr. G.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I absolutely love the service I receive while staying at Embassy Suites in Lubbock, TX. The management and staff is very helpful and courteous. They always remember my name and room preference when I arrive. They are helpful and courteous when providing the accomodations for my room. I am a preferred Hilton honors guest and my amenities are always consistent in my room. My room is clean and meets my satisfaction when I arrive. I have a strict diet and the food/beverage staff always prepares my preferred meal for dinner. I also like beginning my day with a made-to-order breakfast at Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: I prefer the minimal upgrade room to the suites. You receive upgrades in amenities and also a nice...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Ruidoso, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Every person that works here is so friendly and courteous. Very clean hotel, excellent beds, great food too. Front desk help goes beyond their job to make you feel welcome. They even remember your name. I always feel safe here too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Lubbock? Share your experiences!