“A safe bet in the Lubbock area but not without minor issues.” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5320 West Loop 289, Lubbock, TX 79424   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Atlanta, Georgia
“A safe bet in the Lubbock area but not without minor issues.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

This Homewood Suites does not stand out from any other Homewood that I have stayed in. You know exactly what you are getting when you book it. I had an enjoyable visit, but did have several minor annoyances that were not resolved.

Room: I won't waste your time explaining what's in the room. All Homewoods have essentially the same layout. My room had the welcome snack item and 2 bottles of water (I am a Diamond HHonors). The staff even was kind enough to place the water in the refrigerator before I checked in. My toilet bowl was dirty and my tissue box was empty. Other than this, my room was clean.

My view was the Chuck-E-Cheese next door. It wasn't a great view. Unfortunately, I don't think this hotel has a good view because of where the property is located. It's in the middle of other hotels and restaurants. I was also placed in a room that had an exterior light blaring into the window. If they didn't have blackout shades, I would have asked for a different room. The light is obnoxiously bright.

Service: I reported the toilet and tissues to the front desk. Both staff members acknowledged my request to clean it, but then nothing happened. I guess I was too nice with my request. Next time I will be very clear. Other than that experience, the front desk staff was friendly and helpful and were willing to give advice on restaurants.

Great service: Kris, the gentlemen working the evening reception (5:30 to 7:30), is very friendly and went above and beyond normal service to make his guests happy. If I didn't want to eat some BBQ while I was in Texas, I would have stayed for the evening dinner. The beers here are in cans, but he keeps them ice cold and checks on you frequently if you need anything else.

I had to check out early - like 4:15am. I waited by the front desk for 5 minutes or so and ended up leaving my room keys on the front desk. Where was the front desk staff member? I have never been to a hotel where no one came around from the back after a minute or two. It makes you wonder.

FYI: the front desk staff will call or e-mail you to confirm your already confirmed reservation. I don't understand this. I always book my rooms through Hilton's website, and never had this request from a hotel.

I would consider this hotel if in town again. If you are a Hilton Honors person, there is a Hampton Inn and Suites adjacent to this property. I would also take a look at the Embassy Suites in Lubbock. If you enjoy BBQ, try Rudy's Country Store and BBQ. It's about 2 miles from the hotel, but I would recommend using a GPS or a map. There are several turnarounds you will have to use to get there. It's not a straight shot and can be confusing if you are not familiar with the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't have a bright outdoor spotlight shining into your room. Also, this i...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Giddings, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I am so glad I decided to stay at Homewood Suites. It was so nice to have the kitchen area and my own living room and bedroom. I loved the evening reception. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Laporte, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I had to extend my business trip to this area and this hotel had openings. I have stated in a Homewood Suites in the past and I found the rooms in this one to to be nearly identical. I stayed in a fourth floor suite with single master bed, small living room and kitchenette. The stay was very quiet, although in the day time, I heard only a few cars. Next door was a Chucky Cheese's restaurant, but the traffic did not affect my stay in the least.

At Sunday breakfast the omelet cook was a lot of fun, a real jester and never vulgar. He said his job was to harass the guests and he was very skilled with his humor. He was also great with kids.

Abilene, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

All hotel personnel were very friendly and outgoing, except one. Sunday morning (8/21), I went to the breakfast area, and asked an employee for a tray. I did not realize he was cooking at the time, otherwise, I would have asked someone else. His immediate response was "Yes, let me stop what I am doing right now, and get you a tray. I will just let these peoples eggs burn." It was very embarrassing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
lbbhw, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Please accept our most sincere apology for our Chef's comments. He really does not mean anything personally. I have visited with him and explained to him to continue to be the jovial person he is, but refrain from some of the comments like the one he made to you. As you can read on other TripAdvisor reviews, he is a "showman" and he is one of our most recognized employees by our guests. He has asked me to please extend his apology and we both hope you will come back again and stay with us. He wants to apologize in person.
Tracy, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Everytime I stay at this hotel the staff is excellent and very helpful, the rooms are always clean and the dinners are the best! I really love everything about it. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Lubbock.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Spacious room to set up for work and easy to wireless a plus. Pool and hot tub were clean and the included breakfasts were great. There was a complimentary cocktail hour with snacks, but work kept me from getting back in time for those.

Taylor, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed here 2 nights for a convention in Lubbock. The room was clean and quiet. The best part was the cook who made us omelets one morning. Plenty of room to eat at breakfast and he was plenty entertaining. The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock? Share your experiences!