“Cute Diversion” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
Granite Shoals, Texas
“Cute Diversion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Not a lot to see except a bunch of cute prairie dogs in the prairie. Worth seeing, especially if you have kids.

Visited March 2012

Katy, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Wonderful childhood Memories I was able to share with my kids too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a must see in Lubbock. My parents took my sister and me there as kids, and I lived seeing the tiny barking squirrel dogs. Now I was able to take my own three kids and they still are talking about it six months later! So fun and FREE! Great little park within walking distance from the area where the prairie dogs live.

New Zealand
14 attraction reviews
“Cute little critters close up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Great, free attraction - especially if you've never seen a Prairie dog close up. The Prairie dogs are in a low walled section and you can stay as long as you want to watch them - we went in winter so it was unfortunately too cold to watch them for long. It can be quite hard to find if you don't know the area - we got lost trying to follow another website and brochures instructions - in the end we found the entrance on E Municipal Dr that runs along MacKenzie State park (look for the tall bulbous water tower), and then follow the signs from there.

Visited January 2012
Lubbock, Texas
“Really?????!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Honestly, any town whose top ten list includes a "prairie dog" town needs to take a moment to re-evaluate it's own worth. Yes, there are prairie dogs, but there are also old pumpkins and beer cans. Please let us make a genuine effort to inject culture into this dead town. Children deserve better, our collective sanity deserves better.

Visited August 2011
Texas
“Prairie dog town”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is basically a city park with a small retaining wall around the edges. Prairie dogs run wild in this area, so I would not make a special trip to the "Prairie Dog Town."

Been to Prairie Dog Town? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Prairie Dog Town, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.