“Best Place to stay in Lubbock TX” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Brighton, Tennessee
“Best Place to stay in Lubbock TX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Beautiful property, gorgeous rooms, and the FRIENDLIEST hotel staff I have ever encountered (and as a Navy veteran, I've stayed in a LOT of hotels). Alecia made me feel VERY welcome, and was able to provide a very reasonably priced room. The lady running the breakfast service and the morning desk host were also wonderfully friendly and welcoming. The accommodations were first-rate, and very comfortable. This is the ONLY place I will stay whenever I'm in the Lubbock area!

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet, and had a wide view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Amanda F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take so much pride in our customer service and we love hearing the feedback from all of our guests. Our front desk staff is wonderful at making everyone feel at home and at ease in their home away from home.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Lubbock!

Christine R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Wow! I noticed that this hotel was rated #1 for hotels in Lubbock ... I can see why. Upon check-in I was greeting in the best way by Alicia who was so sweet that I might get a cavity. She found me a quiet room at a great 'senior' rate and even offed a list of dinner delivery services as she could see that I had driven for a long time. The room was absolutely spotless, large, and even had a couch for resting my weary body while unpacking. Keep it up and you will stay #1.

Thanks

Room Tip: this property is quiet but has a fourth floor for those who cannot stand any noise at all.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Amanda F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and we are so happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. We love Alecia and she is wonderful at meeting the guests needs. We take so much pride in our hotel and knowing that our guests enjoy each aspect of it makes it even better

Thanks again,
Christine R
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had a really nice time at the hotel. The staff is really nice and helpful in every way possible. The rooms are nice and clean and very spacious and the breakfast was really good. Thanks for a great weekend!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Amanda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. The entire Team is very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit; we all enjoy the hospitality we may provide. We hope to see you again soon, have a wonderful Spring.
Del Rio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and paid using our rewards points. The room was clean and had a small kitchenette area with extra sink, microwave and refrigerator. The shower had plenty of pressure, and our room was quiet. My only gripe was that the AC was noisy, as was the exhaust fan in the bathroom (think small plane taking off). The bathroom had some nice little extras, like Q-tips and make-up removal towelettes. The beds were comfy and had pillows marked "soft" and "firm." The breakfast had a good variety. The staff members were all friendly and pleasant. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your detailed review. It is so very important for us to know both positive and constructive feedback. I would like to know which room you were in so I may attend to the air conditioner and the fan in the bathroom; it does not sound normal. My email is amanda.fielding@hiexpresslubbock.com or you may contact me by telephone at 806-687-2600.
Thank you again for your time.
We hope to see you again soon,
Erfurt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed for one night at this property and used my Priority club points to pay the room. I think I got the worst room the hotel has. I could hear the elevator all the night. I could not sleep very well. Furthermore the hotel changed my reservation from 2 Queen to one King and I had to ask at checking for the right room. Furthermore the staff at check in was bored and make the feeling to be not welcome in this property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Amanda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
I would personally like to thank you for using your points with us; it is such an embarrassment to myself and the team to hear of your experience with us. Being a member with our brand is a very big deal to us. I would like to look into this further so we may coach on this experience, our service is well known and it is truly unacceptable you were not welcomed. Please contact me at your convenience so I may look into the changes made to the reservation. I would very much like to make this right for you. My email address is amanda.fielding@hiexpresslubbock.com or if you are still in the states (I know international calls are costly) 806-687-2600.
We value your feedback and hope to hear from you soon,
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

From check in to check out, every single person went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable; every time I went to the lobby for a newspaper or just to ask a question about the area, the staff was SO friendly and just made me feel like a family member. I've not stayed in many hotels where the entire staff had such an amazing, helpful attitude. Whatever the manager is doing needs to be taught in all hospitality curriculum! When I arrived home two days later, I realized I had forgotten my favorite pillow ; I called and Alicia promptly located it and assured me it would be mailed out the next business day. She was so sweet, I hope she gets a raise. The hotel was clean and well kept. I will definitely stay here again when in Lubbock.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Amanda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much Marilyn for your kind words. The entire team is very hospitality oriented I am happy to hear you all had such a wonderful time. Holiday Inn Express and all IHG properties are very training oriented; it is so empowering when you love what you do and the brand you work for. Everyone here just loves to provide this sercive and have fun doing it.
We will see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

What a great experience! We stayed here while we played in a volleyball tournament and from my first conversation with Amanda on booking our block of rooms until we checked out, we were treated as true guests. Amazing service, clean rooms, great breakfast for our team! The attendant at the breakfast area was incredibly kind and helpful and wished our girls good luck as well! Can't beat that! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Amanda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We appreciate you choosing us for your team! I am in hopes they had a great time in the tournament. It was truly a pleasure to block your rooms; we will see you next time.

Have a wonderful summer! See you soon,
Amanda Fielding

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West? Share your experiences!