“Love this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Lubbock
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Love this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Great hotel. Clean rooms, polite employees. All employees welcome you and check to see that your stay is going well. Breakfast buffet has every thing you need. This is our Lubbock hotel!!

• Stayed June 2012
overtonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments, it is very appreciated. We are glad to be your choice for your Lubbock Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We went up for Texas Tech orientation. We originally had a handicapped room due the the hotel being full. I was not impressed with this room. The carpet was dirty and the lock on the door was faulty. The coffee maker was broken as well. The next day when the hotel had some free rooms, they moved us immediately to another room. They couldn't have been nicer about it. We had a great stay after that. The new room was clean and service was great. Not too sure why the first room was the way it was, but once we were moved we were very impressed with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for informing us of the condition of the first room you were assigned to. Since then we have made the necessary changes to update this room. We are glad that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay.
Liberty, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I am currently staying at this hotel until Sat. Overall, this is a very nice place. The frontdesk who i call the "Houston connection" was very helpful upon my arrival. We didn't like the initial room assigned to us simply because we wanted a lower floor and they accommodated us without a problem. The only Big issue that I am having is with reservations. I called several times prior to my arrival asking the to send me a confirmation email and it took almost a week befor I received it. I'm considered to be a seasoned traveller so I ask if it would be a problem if I could pay for the room at the time that I reserved it and I was told that I couldn't. Once I checked in, I was charged the price of my room plus an additional $50.00 a night for incidentals. I'm not complaining about the cost for incidentals but I was under the impression that my CC would be aurthoized rather than charged. I usually pay cash at the end of my stay. So it put me in a bit of a financial bind with an additional $250.00 dollars being charged to my card. During booking, I was told that only the amount of the room would be charged to my card. Obviousy, whoever took the reservation was not well informed about what to tell the customer. Most hotels inform you about the cost for incidentals before authorizing or charging your card but the staff at the Overton did not do so. Otherwise, it is a nice hotel. I will submit another review at the conclusion of my stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We loved our stay at the Overton. The manager personally walked us to our room and helped with our luggage. When we tipped him he told us he would make sure the guys downstairs got it. The decor was wonderful. The location was perfect. We walked everywhere. Extremely clean. Great bar! Cleaning service was so nice. I was very impressed with the Overton and will always stay here in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank tou for sharing your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We arrived to our room to find nice accommodations, bed, desk, decorated nicely. As we began to unpack we realized the door that we thought was a closet door, was locked and appeared to have been an adjoining room door. There was no closet to hang our clothes, no iron or ironing board. It makes it difficult when you have dresses and jackets that need to be hung up. We asked the front desk about it, they said it should have a closet and would have maintenance check it out. We were checking out the next morning, so it didn't help us out much.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
I am very sorry for the response that you recieved from our Front Desk staff. I have discussed with our Front Desk Agents our Service Standards and the Agent that you spoke with should have accompanied you back to your room and shown you where the closet was located. Every room in our hotel has a closet that is located across from the bathroom, unless your room type is a King Suite and the closet is located in the living area to your left as you walk through the door. I have spoken with our Housekeeping team and they are going to make sure that our standard for leaving the closet door open is utilized in every room to ensure that our guests know where they may hang their clothes. In every closet there is an iron and an ironing board. I am sorry for the inconvenience and lack of communication from our staff. Thank you, and we hope to serve you again.
San Angelo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We checked in at 8.30 Thursday night. We came for a meeting and a company booked the hotel. The personell at the front desk could not find the reservation nor the corporation card that the company used to pay the room. Since all rooms were sold we ended to a handicapped room . My husband left at 7 am for the meeting and somebody from the room service came Into the room at 8 while I was shouting:" what do you want?". The same at 10.30 when I shouted :" is it the check out time?".
The polled were not comfortable to sleep.
Overall was a bad stay

• Stayed June 2012
Buda, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Had planned on a 5. Now, this 5 is not the same 5 that you might give in a major city but for Lubbock this is a really nice place to be and it could not be any more convenient to Texas Tech. The area right around it is really growing and there are many nice places to eat and you can walk to campus and the stadium. Nice TV, nice beds, etc...

The first con is awful water pressure. Really. It takes forever to shower because of the poor water pressure so time it right! Maybe it was a bad weekend for it and it'll be fixed before we go back.

The second issue was this persistently foul (septic) smell right out the back doors into the parking lot. It wasn't just a little bad but grab your nose and hold your breath bad. We were there for for 4 days and went in and out several times a day and it was ALWAYS there. Nasty.

Neither of the cons will keep us from staying there but they are certainly nuisances.

Stay at the Overton, you'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: Rooms on floors 13-15 require a key card swipe to get to them so if privacy is a must then get somet...