“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Chickasha
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2007

The Ashmore is a great place to stay for the money. The room was very spacious and clean and the staff were very friendly. I go to Lubbock about 3 or 4 times a year to see my son and daughter in law and will return to the Ashmore.

• Liked — room comfort
  • Disliked — didn't have any dislikes
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2007

My family has visited Lubbock often and stayed in a variety of hotels, and this is the best. Some of the rooms are like basic hotel rooms with a frigde and microwave, and then they also have suite type rooms with a kitchenette and separate living area. Close to the mall and the major loop road around Lubbock (but no road noise). Clean and quiet. The breakfast and complimentary happy hour are nice, too. From now on, this is where I would choose to stay.

• Liked — Large rooms
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ashmore_Guardian, Director Of Sales at Ashmore Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2008
Thank you so much for the great review! We really do care about our guests and want them to be completely satisfied with our services!
I just wanted to let you know that we will soon be adding an elevator. I don't have a definate date for you but it is in the plans!
As I am writing this, we are replacing comforters & drapes, giving the rooms a whole new look! I certainly hope you love it when you come to see us again!
Thanks again,
Mona Spence
Director of Sales
Ashmore Inn & Suites
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2005

I travel constantly on business and it is always a roll of the dice to find a good hotel. I would recommend the Ashmore to anyone -- business, pleasure travel etc.

Nice pool, great service, CLEAN rooms. I am big on clean sheet and towels and, of course, clean bathrooms. This had all of the above... not to mention great places to eat nearby and free happy hour Mon-Thurs.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2004

I first saw an ad they had run in our local newspaper offering a special $55 rate. My husband & I stay in Lubbock several times a year and had never heard of the Ashmore Inn. What a pleasant surprise it was to walk into such a beautiful hotel! The front desk clerks were very efficient & courteous and treated us like we were the only people staying with them. The guestroom we stayed in was superior, very clean & comfortable. We loved having a microwave & refrigerator in our room. We've stayed at several other hotels in Lubbock but the Ashmore Inn is the best by far! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for the best place to stay in Lubbock!

Been to Ashmore Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!