“Nice Quick Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ashmore Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4019 S. Loop 289, Lubbock, TX 79423   |
Ranked #19 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Nice Quick Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My mom and I recently took a girls trip to Lubbock to attend a concert. We had to book a hotel only a few weeks out and nearly everything was booked. We read reviews and found a vacancy at the decently reviewed Ashmore Inn. We were very pleasantly surprised--seeing as this was one of the few places with openings available. The staff was very nice, and check in was quick and easy. Our room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. The only complaint I have is that we had no hot water in our shower, but foregoing a shower was not a huge issue for us seeing as all we were doing that morning was driving home. Also there was no elevator, but like I always say regarding this matter, I should really take the stairs:). The free continental breakfast was nice, with several hot options. I would definitely stay here again on a quick one night stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Flower Mound, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed September 20-21st 2013 - I was willing to overlook the fact that this property didn't have an elevator but things went down hill from there. The property claims it is a no smoking facility, but the 1st room (#207) we received was a room that had been a smoking room. The minute we walked in we could smell the smoke saturating the room, asked to be moved, I was assured the room wasn't and had been a non-smoking room and because they were booked they wouldn't move us, but offered to spay freshener and air the room, I agreed. Didn't work, called the front desk the next day, they weren't really willing to help the situation. In the end we changed room to across the hall (#208), the room had not been smoked in, but the walls had something on them behind the TV, hmmm I wonder?
Besides this the hotel needs to be updated, between the rooms the shower head spayed in one stream, our shower curtain was too short for the tub, the towels were frayed and thin, We asked for extra blanket and were embarrassed at the condition! the internet service did not work in the rooms, it was usable in the hotel lobby though! The outlets were few and far between for the two of us, we didn't have enough outlets to charge the normal amount of electronic devices.
To make matters worse I contacted the assistant manager Saturday night with the issue of the room smoke, and as of today, Wednesday, September 25, 2013. I have not heard of word.

The only bright shining light was the wonderful lady who helped with the complementary Breakfast the hotel provided. I won't begin to complain about this as well.

Regardless of the reason you are thinking of staying here choose another place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent experience. Most comfortable bed I've slept in in a very long time! Good breakfast. It was quiet. Never heard the shower run above us. Quiet halls. Came with a refrigerator. Overall, excellent!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Decatur, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

stayed here for TTU family weekend 2013, payed $250 per night. (1) Airconditioning did not work first night- requested it fixed. It worked for a while then stopped again on the second night. (2) clogged drain in shower. (3) used kleenex stuffed back into kleenex box. (4) rumpled carpet needed re-stretching in hall. (5) elevator makes noises like it is about explode. (6) complementary breakfast has yellow egg-like foam disks and bacon so thin you can see through it. MRE's are better than this. (7) we found a dead bug in our room. (8) key cards don't work

A tent in a KOA campground would be better than than the AshLESS Inn and Suites.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Checked in for TTU family weekend. Facilities VERY outdated. Key card spotty at best- frustrating when you are trying to get into building. According to website, they have a breakfast. Staff offered no details on that when I checked or even where the elevator is. Stuck here because hotels are sold out this weekend. We are here for 2 nights. I am not happy.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else- anywhere!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Frisco, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Because of a knee injury, I needed a room on the first floor. I did not request this when I made my reservation three weeks before my arrival date. I called when I was about 45 minutes from the hotel to make the request. I spoke to Samantha at the front desk. The hotel was totally full and they had assigned me a room on the second floor and they did not have any available rooms left on the first floor. The hotel does not have an elevator. I hung up and began to try to figure out where to go to get a room. I did not know what to do! Unbeknownst to me Samantha and the manager, Steve, made the necessary changes to allow my staying in a room on the first floor, without my asking!!! They actually helped me avoid spending a lot of time that night driving around Lubbock at night looking for a hotel room with an elevator, or on the first floor. I cannot thank them enough!! I travel for a living and I have NEVER had a hotel go to such lengths to help me! They went beyond the "call of duty" as far as I am concerned. I highly recommend this hotel!! This is just ONE reason why I would recommend it! It is definitely a "5"!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Canadian, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The location is very well placed for doing just about everything you would want to do in Lubbock, and there is no lack of eateries within walking distance, I counted 4 and there is a walmart pretty close. The room I had was more than adequate, the only thing I really didn't like about it was the AC took forever to cool off the room (from 5pm to about 2 am). This was also a 3rd floor room but it wasn't a very hot day. The cocktail hour was very welcomed, the spa was very relaxing but could use some pot lighting but I do like it is enclosed and accessible through the main building. The breakfast was great, good hot coffee and the usual hot and cold breakfast items. I will def be staying here again for business and pleasure. Also dont forget if you stay at ashmore fequently they do have a rewards punch card that you can earn a free stay, and leave a business card for another possible free stay.

Room Tip: Book early as this place fills up quickly, especially around game days (Texas Tech) and they do have...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ashmore Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!