“The hotel rooms have been updated and are nice. The...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Lubbock
Plano
“The hotel rooms have been updated and are nice. The...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel rooms have been updated and are nice. The bathrooms are lacking though. I've stayed at the hotel twice and both rooms have had water damage in the wall by the tub that has not been fixed. Also, they use a towel to tie the cloth bathmat around the shower curtain. It makes for a nice presentation, but it doesn't allow the shower liner to dry and causes mildew. This was the case the first time I stayed. I requested new liner and they brought one up right away and replaced it. The second time the liner was fine, but was damp. There is free wi-fi, but the signal was weak making it difficult to work with a remote VPN server. The bed was comfortable and staff is great and very helpful! I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Angelo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a wonderful and comfortable stay! The overall securtiy and beautiful layout was awesome! Thanks

Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel, and i absolutely love it! We didn't have any problems finding it, because we have GPS in the car and it's right off the freeway, on the service road.
We drove all the way from Arlington (5 hours) so we were guaranteed late arrival, and at 10:00pm boy we were sure happy to hear the bar was open... The girl at the bar said it closes at 11 but she didn't mind staying later. She made us some cocktails and I have to say that for three beers and two cocktails we paid $23 - not too bad.
The hotel is clean throughout, the staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and newly remodeled, the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean. I wish they would have a shampoo AND Conditioner, but they only have shampoos that doubles as both. It's very dry in Lubbock so for the rest of the day my hair was pretty straw-like, but if that's the only problem, i could live with it...
Breakfast at the hotel is free and lots of people took advantage of the hot food (eggs, waffles, etc) but I love that Einstein Bagels is just around the corner and has free wifi, so we headed there.
My son is in College at Texas Tech, so we will be back and I can guarantee you that if this hotel keeps offering great prices and keeps up their clean and updated interior, they will be out first choice! Oh, they are close to Texas Tech and to One Guy From Italy, which is a delicious, family-atmosphere Italian restaurant.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor the first time, and the fourth floor the second time and we loved both...
Abilene, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Recently my husband and I and two of our grandkids went to Lubbock for a Medical Conference and stayed at this property. First it was impossible to find because you can't see it from the highway and the building is very dull with no visible Hawthorn signs. The front desk was very helpful when we checked in and we feel bad for them because they must deal with a lot complains all the time from different guests. As we arrived to the room (a suite) it looked like it was not cleaned from the guest from the previous night. The carpets had not been vacuumed because we've seen pieces of paper and different types of debris all over the room. All of the tables and furniture was spayed with something that made them sticky to the touch. Dirty, dirty and dirty. The bathroom had something sticky on the floor and there was only one set of towels for the four of us.. The quality of that one set of towels that we received in our bathroom was horrible. They appeared like the one's that you have at home that you use for rags to clean up something not to use after you have taken a shower especially in a place that you are paying to stay the night in. Despite my husbands wishes I went downstairs and told the front desk staff about the problems that I was dealing with in the room. With a big smile and a sincere apology the front desk agent moved us to another room that was the same type. My husband after a full day of work and a three hour drive (plus one hour of trying to find the place) once again picked up our bags and gathered our grandkids and we moved to a new room. The second room was worst then the room that we just left so we asked to be placed back to the same room we just left. We were tired and decided just to go to bed and ignore the issues that were in the room for the moment. The quality of the sheets once again struck us as a real poor quality, something that we did not expect from a Wyndham property. The next morning we had a breakfast that would be considered below average for the price that you pay per night. With my husband off to the conference the grandkids and I decided to take a dip in the pool before heading out to see the town. Got myself and the kids dressed to go swimming went downstairs and quickly changed my mind about going to the pool. The water appeared scary green like the filters have not been turned on or mot working for at least a week and I was not willing to experiment going into a pool with my grandkids that looked like that and smelled horrible. So I and the grandkids decided to skip the pool and went to our room to change instead. Before entering our room we ran into one of the housekeepers to tell them about our room issue but it seemed that they did not speak any English so I politely skipped the conversation knowing that whatever I said would not be understood. The kids and I were off to have a fun day in Lubbock but before we left the hotel I asked the front desk agent if it would be possible to speak to a manager on duty and with a polite smile and once again an apology the agent told me that there was no one to speak with but they would make sure that the G.M would be notified of the problems that I experienced.
THE FRONT DESK AGENTS ARE THE ONLY THING THAT IS EXCELLENT ABOUT THIS PROPERTY. Hopefully my review will wake someone up at this property to actually start caring and do something about all the issues that guest encounter. With guests that come from all over U.S to stay in Lubbock for Medical issues or just to see the University this hotel surly makes Texas and Wyndham properties look horrible. Wyndham prides itself with excellent customer service, quality of stay and it takes pride in cleanliness of their hotels and yet this one slipped through their fingers and it should be considered as a Hotel Impossible challenge

Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Bed service no room clean at all. i call customer service i ask for cleaning they on the way i never seen customer service employee name is lesiely i believe talk very nice i ask several thing i never seen any one take care that at all. nasty i never recommend at to any won else at also i report to BBB and Google web side etc and state of Texas . carpet need replace nasty and smell every where cleaning staff not speaking English or Spanish at all. that is shame should be shut down this hotel look like to homeless hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock? Share your experiences!