“We have stayed in this hotel 3 or 4 times. The location is...” 3 of 5 stars

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4435 Marsha Sharp Freeway, Lubbock, TX 79407   |
Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Midland texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I travel extensively and typically am forgiving when an issue arises with service or quality. This time I just could not let it go. My room at the Hawthorn Suites in Lubbock was possibly the most disgusting I've ever seen. In fairness, upon entering the room it has an appealing look. That quickly changed when I looked at the stained carpet with dust and debris scattered around near the base trim. The bedding was dingy and stained. The towels and washcloths were poor quality and well used and also dingy. The edges of the bathroom floor are extremely dirty. There are scuffs and marks all over the walls. The phone I used to call the front desk to ask for a different room was covered in grime that appeared to be from a recent spill. They had no other rooms avsilable. They did offer a discount which I declined and to come clean the room. Had it not been late evening when I arrived I would have insisted on a thorough cleaning. As if that were not enough, there was pubic hair in the bathtub. Plan your trip to Lubbock in advance as hotel occupancy here is high and avoid this hotel. Wyndham, you need to fix this. You should be embarrassed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Galway, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was expecting a little more quality from a Wyndham hotel. The shades need to go! The sheets are like sleeping on sandpaper and you have to beg for a washcloth. I guess the International junior gymnastics team was staying at the same time because kids were up all night doing cartwheels and jumps down the hallway.

I guess if you are coming to Lubbock to not sleep and get a severe body rash from poor quality sheets - this is your dream hotel. But, if you are here for professional reasons - I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thornton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

After 9 hours on the road with two children (both under 19 months old!), we were extremely happy to check-in. The folks at the front counter were very nice, and check-in was smooth. Unfortuntely one of the elevators was down, so we had to wait for a while to haul all our stuff to our room. Once we arrived at our suite, though, we couldn't have been happier. Our room had a small-ish kitchenette with a table and 2 chairs, a living area and two large beds. There was actually plenty of room for us to spread out, put the baby on his floor blanket so he could roll around, and table space for my older child to sit and eat dinner. (Speaking of, Dominos delivery to the hotel was super fast. No wonder they advertise everywhere at the hotel.) We didn't hear any of our neighbors, and hopefully none of them awoke to my fussy baby at 3 a.m. We didn't make use of the pool (it looked murky so I decided against it) or the other hotel amenities, but we did have breakfast. It was really pretty good - scrambled eggs, sausage and Texas-shaped waffles. Can't go wrong with that! There were a couple minor issues with our room (plaster chipping off one corner, the TP roll holder was loose, and there wasn't a trash can in the kitchenette area, but overall we couldn't have been happier, especially for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock? Share your experiences!