“Simple, yet nicely decorated and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Lubbock
San Antonio, TX.
“Simple, yet nicely decorated and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is the second time I stay at this place. For the price I find that you get a lot of value. The suite I reserved included: mini-fridge, sink, granite counter top, kitchen table, microwave, kitchen cabinets, small living room with love seat, computer desk, king size bed, 32" tv, and bathroom.

- The suite is nicely decorated.
- I haven't used the pool, or ordered room service so I cannot comment on anything else.
- The downside: be prepared for (at least on both of my experiences) the horrid check-in process.

On both occasions I had to wait in line for 15+ minutes at 3:00 PM. They will refuse to check you in earlier. At the time only one person was attending the front desk. People started lining up to be attended, I felt bad for the person at the front desk since she seemed overwhelmed with the amount of people trying to check in. To ease the process have your ID and credit card in hand while waiting for your turn if this happens to you.

Overall I didn't think this waiting deserved to knock off one star. They should just simplify the check-in process, hire more staff, or allow a 15-minute early check in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Kimberly T, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Your feedback is appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay with us. I am excited to hear that you felt your stay was worth the value. I would also like to apologize about any inconvenience our check-in process may have been to you. Although, we do check people in as early as we possibly can. If we are sold out the previous night, it can be difficult to accept early check-ins. I frequently work the front desk from 7am to 3pm and check-in numerous guests before 3pm. Some guests as early as 10am. Our check-in time is 3pm, which tends to be when everyone shows up and when the front desk is the busiest. Thanks for the comments and we hope to see you in the future. Please come and enjoy our salt-water pool!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The carpet in the room was not vacuumed. There were crumbs and mud and other paper pieces on the floor when I entered. One of the two shades in the room did not work and you could not raise it. The bathroom shower leaked and appears to have been leaking for some time. When I got out of the shower, there was a puddle of water going out under the bathroom door and the leak seems to be coming from the wall. I see on this site that someone else took a picture of it a few months ago.

The wireless internet in the room was the slowest internet connection that I have had in years in a hotel. If you plan on working at the desk, you should bring your own light. There is no light anywhere near the desk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Abilene, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had a hard time finding the .hotel. Once there the lobby was very nice. The front desk personnel were very nice and professional. The room was large and very nicely appointed. The beds were very comfortable and clean. The tv was very nice and set in the room were it was easy to watch from anywhere in the room. The breakfast was good but the juice machine did not get them cold, but it did work. Overall the hotel was very nice. When I go back to Lubbock I will keep them in mind.

Room Tip: If you need a nice place to treat. Give this a try.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
KILLEEN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hotel is very nice but needs some maintenance work to be up to Hawthorne's standards. Our room 221 was missing a bed lamp. When I reported it they offered to fix it but I let them know I was just reporting it and just wanted them to be aware of it missing. The bathtub area had some water damage due to water running down the wall from tub. Other than that all else was excellent. I would stay there again with no problem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Irvine, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

There are only two good things about this hotel: the rooms are lovely and the guest laundry is free. The rooms will not stay lovely very long, though, because they are not cleaned very well and things are not being repaired as necessary. Also, even though there was a kitchenette in our room, there were no dishes at all! There seem to be problems with the cleaning staff beyond the matter of the rooms not being cleaned properly. Some boxes were taken from our room, and when I was waiting at the front desk to complain, the couple in line in front of me had had a watch stolen from their room. The breakfast is over by 9, and if you get there anytime after 8:30, there will be a very limited selection of food and the breakfast room will be dirty. The young woman who was supposed to be looking after it basically just stood in the kitchen doorway and glowered. I never saw her clean off a table or restock anything. During the week we were there, one side of the lone toaster didn't work because some old burnt bread was jammed in it, the waffle batter dispenser never worked, and the juice was warm on two mornings.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock? Share your experiences!