“Needs Attention!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Lubbock
FORT WORTH
“Needs Attention!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Big cobwebs on the ceiling above the TV. Leftover water bottle on the floor at the head of the bed. Very low water pressure in the shower. We were in a handicap accessible room for some reason and the walk-in shower was not angled enough toward the drain, so the bathroom floor got wet with each shower. Hotel book in the room said breakfast was at 7 am on the weekends, but when we got down there the dining room was dark! Plaque on wall said weekend breakfast wasn't until 8 am! Need to change the book!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Kimberly T, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We are currently working on the handicap accessible roll-in showers and will have this resolved promptly. There are currently12 rooms of the 132 rooms in the hotel with roll-in showers. We are currently working on each and every one of these rooms to resolve this issue promptly. As far as the book in the room, this should be correct. I will make it a point to check each room to ensure each one is accurate. Please come stay with us in the future and I will ensure your stay is everything expect. Please contact me directly. Again, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
AUSTIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My last stay at the Hawthorn Suites in Lubbock was a disaster. I have stayed there numerous times in the past year and always had a great experience. The difference this time was that I booked the room straight through the hotel. Don't ever do that. Always book through the 800 number of Wyndam. The desk clerks that work at the hotel are not knowlegable about the rooms they have or about Wyndam Rewards points. I was put into the wrong room and then they tried to up charge me to switch.
Thanksgiving morning breakfast was a disaster. The manager forgot to order all of the basics, so the only thing available was muffins and ceral. Also the juice machine was broke through my entire stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

jballard1, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Our front desk staff is fully trained on our room types and what each type includes. We have reference materials at the front desk for any clarification. I will certainly discuss your situation with the staff member who made your reservation and the staff member who checked you in on your last stay.

We have Wyndham Rewards training on an ongoing basis and all of our front desk staff has taken the training course. I will gladly revisit the Wyndham Rewards Program with my staff to better service our guests.

I am a little concerned about your breakfast experience as we place orders twice a week. The order that was made prior to your arrival included a variety of items including meats, breads, produce and beverages. It appears a discussion with my breakfast attendant is in order. I apologize if you were served basics and not the hot breakfast we are to serve daily.

I certainly appreciate your comments and should you wish to give us another try, please do not hesitate to call me directly and I will personally oversee the details of your reservation.

Jutea Ballard
ODESSA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

It wasn't a terrible experience but it definitely NOT my best.

OVer priced for my stay!

I tried to call ahead to reserve and check room availability and had to call 3 times! The first call was with a female employer at a call center and got disconnected. The second and third times were with a male employer (the same one) and he was hard to understand with a heavy accent and rude.

I decided to go into the Lubbock location since I was close by and the front desk female staff was pleasant and helpful.

I was given a room and went up to the 2nd floor where my room was located to find that when I opened my room door with the assigned room key... there were clothes scattered and the tv was on. Someone was still in this room!

I went downstairs to the front desk and made her aware of the problem. She reassigned us a room. This room was also located on the second floor. At first glance it was decent. However, in the bathroom it looked as if someone stuffed kleenex back into the container, one window curtain was broken and unable to be opened, a lamp on the side of the bed was out, and it looked as if it wasn't dusted well. I could also hear the guest in the neighbor room snoring through the thin walls as well as kids in the hall! OMG! How could I almost forget to mention... the shower curtain wasn't long enough and water would leak out onto tile floor and the shower wouldn't drain fast enough.

I probably will not be staying here again if the price is over $60 p/nt. My stay this evening was over $140 for ONE night.

Complimentary breakfast was ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

We appreciate your feedback. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experience while speaking with Wyndham’s reservation line, but I appreciate your willingness to just come directly to the hotel. I will research any miscommunication that may be occurring at the front desk and resulting in a guest being checked into an occupied room because this is absolutely unacceptable! The tissues in the Kleenex box in the bathroom is a flower, I plan to either find a way to clean this technique up or search for another method altogether. I would also like to apologize for the shower curtain; your room was handicap accessible containing a roll-in shower. Please give us another opportunity when you’re back in Lubbock to express how accommodating and customer orientated this hotel is. Please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to get your reservation set-up and ensure your stay is everything expected.

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock? Share your experiences!