“An experience...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Lubbock
ODESSA
“An experience...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

It wasn't a terrible experience but it definitely NOT my best.

OVer priced for my stay!

I tried to call ahead to reserve and check room availability and had to call 3 times! The first call was with a female employer at a call center and got disconnected. The second and third times were with a male employer (the same one) and he was hard to understand with a heavy accent and rude.

I decided to go into the Lubbock location since I was close by and the front desk female staff was pleasant and helpful.

I was given a room and went up to the 2nd floor where my room was located to find that when I opened my room door with the assigned room key... there were clothes scattered and the tv was on. Someone was still in this room!

I went downstairs to the front desk and made her aware of the problem. She reassigned us a room. This room was also located on the second floor. At first glance it was decent. However, in the bathroom it looked as if someone stuffed kleenex back into the container, one window curtain was broken and unable to be opened, a lamp on the side of the bed was out, and it looked as if it wasn't dusted well. I could also hear the guest in the neighbor room snoring through the thin walls as well as kids in the hall! OMG! How could I almost forget to mention... the shower curtain wasn't long enough and water would leak out onto tile floor and the shower wouldn't drain fast enough.

I probably will not be staying here again if the price is over $60 p/nt. My stay this evening was over $140 for ONE night.

Complimentary breakfast was ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Kimberly T, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We appreciate your feedback. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experience while speaking with Wyndham’s reservation line, but I appreciate your willingness to just come directly to the hotel. I will research any miscommunication that may be occurring at the front desk and resulting in a guest being checked into an occupied room because this is absolutely unacceptable! The tissues in the Kleenex box in the bathroom is a flower, I plan to either find a way to clean this technique up or search for another method altogether. I would also like to apologize for the shower curtain; your room was handicap accessible containing a roll-in shower. Please give us another opportunity when you’re back in Lubbock to express how accommodating and customer orientated this hotel is. Please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to get your reservation set-up and ensure your stay is everything expected.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
MAKAWAO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The only thing I can recommend is door stops for the room doors. Every morning we were woken up by doors slamming in and out of rooms by the housekeeping staff. The room doors are very heavy and if not held they shut with a loud bang.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Kimberly T, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for the feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience you were caused by other guests slamming their room doors. I will look into a resolution for this. I hope the rest of your stay was pleasant. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.