“Think Studio 6” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Lubbock

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites Lubbock to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Lubbock
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2515 19th Street, Lubbock, TX 79410 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 56 hotels in Lubbock
Arlington, Texas
“Think Studio 6”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This place needs remodeled! Bedspread was faded with age, huge stain (burn) in the carpet, desk chair was filthy with dried food (holes, worn, etc.), top of frig hadn't been cleaned in years - window sills filthy, windows filthy. I have stayed here for the past 5 years and each year it gets worse. Not sure I will ever come back. Is a great location to Texas Tech.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear BrianTheTraveler77,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites Lubbock as your accommodation preference for the last 5 years. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. On this occasion, we fell below your expectations. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort it caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ifrane, Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The Staybridge is convenient to Texas Tech and to a few restaurants. The staff were super friendly and helped make a pleasant stay. The breakfast area is nice and breakfast is fine. The Texas-shaped waffle maker reminds you where you are!

There is some road construction that made getting to and from the parking lot a bit tricky. The noise was not that bad in my room and it did not disturb my sleep.

The air conditioner is set on a thermostat but it blows like crazy when it comes on. It is either on or off, which did wake me up.

All in all, a good place to hang your hat in Lubbock!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I'm a fan of the midrange hotels like Staybridge and Hampton and the like. The quality is usually good and the price isn't high. This Staybridge was no exception. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean, the breakfast was good, and the wifi was fast. It's located very conveniently near restaurants, gas stations, and some retail.

Speaking of the staff, I had to leave very early on a weekend morning and there is no "to-go" breakfast service on weekends. When I checked out, I asked the clerk if there was any way I could get a to-go bag anyway - and I got one. That kind of customer service is rare, but this Staybridge clearly values it. I'll be back if I'm back in Lubbock.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southwest side face away from the busy streets and are probably quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Hubby and I needed a decent hotel for our 4 night stay in Lubbock that was near the hospital. The hotel is very well located. Nice Lobby, breakfast / break area. We did not use the pool but did go outside to sit in the sunshine one afternoon and it was very nice - looked clean. The suite was a great set up. Nice size kitchen and "living area". Bedroom was a little tight for the King size bed but not an issue for us. I liked having a separate sink and counter outside the bathing / toilet areas so we could both be getting ready at the same time in the mornings. The bed was very comfortable. Two TVs. Very nice front desk staff that helped us with various questions several times in our visit. If we ever need to go back to Lubbock I would stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cebu/Austin TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

Priority club platinum 100,000 points 8 weeks. Live on the road. I believe of all the chains Staybridge has the best concept right now. You get a lot of bang for your buck. This one is the worst one we have stayed in. Creaky and dated small laundry. However, I would still recommend it, but for the top floor only. Second floor you hear everyone walking above all the floors creak when someone walks. Lubbock has many choices so you do have other options. The worst staybridge is still better than most. iPad

• Stayed March 2012
IHGCare, ihgcare at Staybridge Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Worldtraveler238,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. I certainly apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments.

We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel to stay at for 3 nights for a concert at United Spirit Arena. The employees here were all extremely friendly and helpful no matter what time of the day. They have a social hour with snacks and an assortment of beer and wine available for guests, I think this was available Mon-Thurs. Everyday there were fresh peanut butter cookies in front of the elevators that made the whole place smell amazing. The rooms are large, the beds were large and very comfortable. The kitchen area has everything you could need during your stay. Our entire stay the hotel was fairly quiet even though there seemed to be quite a few cars outside. This was our first stay here but we will for sure stay here whenever we visit Lubbock.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Eden, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We made a quick trip to see our boys and booked this visit through hotels.com - so we weren't sure what we would get but we did request at least a 3 star hotel. Staybridge was wonderful! We arrived rather late after visiting with the boys first - the young man at the desk was very friendly and welcoming. The room was at the end of the hall on the second floor - our preference - and was very clean. The only comment my husband made was that the bed pillows were too small. But all in all, a great place to say, centrally located in Lubbock and near the university.

Room Tip: Room at the end of the hall on the second floor was very quiet!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Lubbock? Share your experiences!