“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #27 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012 via mobile

Nice, clean, quiet. Lots of reviews here state this is an average Fairfield Inn, which is an accurate- but not derogatory statement. Fairfield is consistent, which is what I like. Everything was clean and comfy, nothing was broken, etc. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good. Directly in front of hotel is an Outback, Cheddar's, ihop, & Jason's deli. Hotel is back far enough from highway that noise isn't an issue.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011 via mobile

Only average for a Courtyard. Needs to upgrade the towels they are almost like sandpaper.

• Stayed December 2011
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I agree with the others, there's nothing fancy about this hotel. It was clean which is great, the food wasn't too bad although the dining room is VERY small. The elevator is kinda small, but this is Lubbock we are talking about. It has good access and restaurants around it and it's convenient to most of what you need in Lubbock. I would stay here again for business travel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

There is really nothing that sticks out about this hotel that can be highlighted. It is relatively inexpensive, so if you are looking for a hotel with no bells and whistles, then it may should be considered. It has your standard bed and bathroom, has easy access to the main highway and is located next to a few restaurants. I did have a funny acting toilet that I was not sure was going to make it through the night, but did. There is no hard line laptop connectivity for secure connection, so everything is wireless other than a "business" computer near the front desk. Overall, its a forgettable hotel that I probably won't stay in the near future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
West Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel a few times during trips to Lubbock. The remodel has much improved the overall look and feel of the room. I stay here on business generally.

The front desk folks are usually very friendly and efficient. The lobby is typical of older FIs, small with some older furniture. The room features newly (within the past year) remodeled furniture with a flat-screen LCD. The A/C is older and pretty loud, but works well. The bathroom is still in the original condition, looks old and the tubs could use a refresh. There's plenty of vanity space.

My last experience wasn't the best with housekeeping. I checked in very late and found that housekeeping had missed a lot from the previous guest. See the pictures. There was a half-eaten pickle left in the refrigerator, trash around the nightstand, and stains on the sheets. I told the front desk the next day about it and the manager called to apologize and gave me some Marriott Reward Points for the stay. This was unique for the hotel, usually I don't have issues with housekeeping.

Outside, it appears to be in a pretty safe area with a Jason's Deli and Cheddar's within walking distance. Ample parking around the property as well. Breakfast in the morning was the usual minimal FI breakfast.

Overall, I would say if you could stay at another Marriott Property, you should. This property isn't terrible, but the others have done a better job with their remodels or are more consistent with their housekeeping. The Towne Place, Courtyard and Residence Inn, in that order, are the better Marriott Properties in Lubbock.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I've been working at staying at Marriott properties, mainly due to my Rewards points, etc... so I get to enjoy both the good and the bad/older properties in the Marriott Family of hotels.

As a general customer, I would say this hotel is extremely average.. if not a little under average.

Upon checkin, I had to make conversation with the front desk clerk to even attract her attention... and even then the conversation was minimalistic. She seemed like she had better things to do, and the few questions I did ask her, seemed to annoy her... (Not sure why a guest asking her about their room and rate is a questionable issue).

I got to my room, I admit I was a little spoiled from my stay last night at a nearly new Marriott Property; but upon opening the door, I was welcomed with what I think was a dark, smoke like odor... not too sure.. It smelled like this might have been a smoking room at some point. The new looking curtains were hanging from the ceiling (the nail/screws hanging down from the ceiling, begging for repair).. Aside from my initial welcome, the room was otherwise comfortable and basic.

I was upgraded to a King room, bed is big, TV is a 32" LCD, and the room has 2 phones, Work Desk, and a nice couch/living area. The room is large in size, maybe 250-300sq ft.. and the bathroom is nice and clean.

For an older property (especially one that apparently just had a recent renovation) I was surprised to see how "tired" it looked... I also get irked when I see "projects in progress" in a public facing property (like blue painters tape all over the ceiling and walls, which apparently wasn't taken down after the renovation).

The room rate was the same, or more that comparable properties.. that is, properties that bear a property name that is of a higher stature than a Motel 6, for example.

Overall, for what I paid, I am not thoroughly satisfied. But, in all, the hotel is not terrible and I have definitely stayed at worse. I would probably not stay here again, but I am not overly disgruntled about my stay.

One other thing; the hotel sponsors "high speed internet"... As a Business Traveler, in the Networking field.. I can say that this internet is VERY VERY basic. I.e. you will likely only get the chance of browsing websites that aren't very high in content. YouTube, Flash, VPN/Remote Access, probably won't happen here. Speeds were amazingly slow.. I haven't actually ever had a hotel offer something this slow. Again, maybe I'm just spoiled, but it was definitely something I noticed right off the bat.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Snyder texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

We were in Lubbock with a family member receiving cancer treatment. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The hotel is located close to many restaurants and very convenient for shopping. The staff at the front counter as well as housekeeping went above and beyond to make sure our stay was very comfortable. As we left the hotel and were loading our car one of the housekeeping staff came running out front and brought an item we had left in the room. Even though the hotel is not located in the medical district it was only about 15 min. away. We highly recommend this hotel and will definately stay again.

P. West
Snyder, TX

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Lubbock? Share your experiences!