“Unclean hotel” 2 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Lubbock South to your Saves list
Days Inn Lubbock South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6025 Avenue A, Lubbock, TX 79404   |
Ranked #36 of 56 Hotels in Lubbock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Georgetown, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Days Inn in Lubbock, TX South was hard to get to time and time again. The accommodations were okay at best. There is no elevator so prepare to carry everything up the stairs if you have a family. The rooms are positioned outside and inside (hotel/motel). Our room was outside but felt safe as you needed access to door to get inside, up the stairs and outside to the room. I suggest if you would like to stay there request an inside room on reservation. The towels: we had two towels then I went to ask for more at 6;30 p.m. and they were out. The were very thin and almost like a pool tool. When asked for more towels, front desk offered a pool towel and notified me it would be a little thin (thinner the regular towels?! Wow!). The pool towel..slightly bigger than a hand towel. The good side is the continental was decent and the rooms were clean/nice as well as the beds were comfortable. Just be prepared to bring your own towels and get some exercise if you are on the second floor.Hey, sometimes you get what you pay for. As for me, next time (as I have another 4 to 6 years (depending on grad school) to visit my daughter at TTU) I will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you want to stay in the same area Super 8 South is surprisingly a very good deal and nice rooms...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cynthia A, General Manager at Days Inn Lubbock South, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the Days Inn & Suite South in Lubbock, Texas. All of your concerns are being addressed with my staff. I take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I appreciate you staying with us.

Enid
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was not acknowledged for five minutes from either of the girls at the front desk. I had to ask were the room was located. I had to call down to front desk to find out the hours of pool (which was not enforced) and hours of breakfast. Price was great... Lived the Texas shaped waffles. However, the hotel had one towel a room and no soap. A light flickered all night long. There was a empty soap wrapper in the trash so maybe the people that enjoyed the room before us got it. The pool was nice but the jucuzzi had bubbles and brown film in it. The bathroom by the pool smelled like urine and was not cleaned either day we were there. Th cleaning lady would smoke as she cleaned the nonsmoking rooms. The sheets did appear clean and the free breakfast was good. For the price I paid 65 per night I got what was expected. It was a decent hotel... But seriously no towels or soap?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Lubbock South? Share your experiences!