“Best Tex Mex + Mexican Specialties” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Longview, Texas
“Best Tex Mex + Mexican Specialties”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We love Carlito's. The food is always hot & fresh. Best date night!

Visited June 2012

“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012 via mobile

First time visit and everything was absolutely delicious! Fajitas, nachos, crawfish enchiladas, guacamole & margaritas, we had nothing that was not perfect! Including service & price !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tyler, Texas
“Genuine Tex-Mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I have been eating at Carlitos for 30 years. It has always been top notch. The queso dip is wonderful and be sure and get it on one of your enchiladas. I travel out of my way just for the crispy tacos. Great hot sause too.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bedford, Texas
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I have moved away from East Texas, but when I go home everyone knows that Carlito's is on the MUST DO! list at least once or twice. Their salsa is my favorite hands down and everything that I have eaten on the menu is fresh and delicious. The owners and staff have always been pleasant. Looking forward to enjoying it once again when I head home for Thanksgiving.

Great point made about the RETURN "dissatisfied" customers. FUNNY! I would have turned them away as well since they were obviously there looking for trouble.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisiana
“Average Food/High Prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I had read a few great reviews, a few average, etc. I had heard through the grapevine that this was the best Mexican restaurant in Longview. Fortunately, I had visited other restaurants prior to Carlitos, allowing me to know that this was far from the truth. A mexican Taco Salad with Italian dressing seems odd enough, but the service was very slow and the prices were extremely overpriced for what you get. While the food was not terrible, I must say that the only way I would ever return is if a group gathering is pre-scheduled for this place and i am invited as part of the group. I would much rather eat at Papasitas, Jalapeno Tree, or Sombreros...they are all MUCH better...IMHO.

• Visited August 2011