“In town for dog show” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 31 hotels in Longview
OK
“In town for dog show”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was in town for the dog show and my hotel preference is Laquinta. Easy access to the hotel. Good location. BUT They put the dog show people on the third floor as far away from the outside doors as possible. Not sure why this was, but it sure created problems for the dog people. Also we were in a non-smoking room but the room next to us was smoking and it got pretty smelly of cig smoke in our room. Also when you step off of the elevator onto the third floor the whole hall reeks of cigarette smoke. The carpet in our room needed a severe cleaning. The hall carpet on the third floor needed cleaned badly as well. On the plus side, the room was very big and comfortable. The front staff was very friendly. My suggestion if you are traveling with dogs be sure to specify you want downstairs. Also, please pick up after your dogs so hotels will continue to accept dogs, and do not leave your dogs unattended in the rooms and do not let your dogs tear up the rooms. Unfortunately, I saw many fellow dog people not cleaning up after their dogs.

Room Tip: Was in town for the dog show and my hotel preference is Laquinta. Easy access to the hotel. Good l...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
lq6058, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites I-20 Longview South, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Because we are pet friendly and have no fee for pets, we are in high demand every year for the dog show. Nothing would please me more than to give every customer the exact accomidations they seek. Our property has an indoor pool. We also have our meeting room and breakfast room on the first floor as well as the business center and exercise room. That does not leave many rooms on the first floor. Most of the few rooms we do have on the first floor are either premium rooms, or special needs. We have 4 standard rooms on the floor. This year we had 46 request for first floor. Of these, 32 were LaQuinta Elite members. There simply is no method to avoid an issue. I give these rooms to the most needy. There are many elderly guests for this event and some are not very mobil. I think it is understandable that I seek to serve the elderly and those with special needs, before the strong. This is likely to repeat every year. While I value every customer and wish we were able to meet every request, this is the solution we believe is the most thoughtful solution.
We did have a problem this year on the third floor, with guests smoking in non smoking rooms. This is a problem for us and our guests. We were able to identify the violators and will prevent them from returning to the property. Every year, as soon as the dog show concludes, we deep clean every room in the building and shampoo all carpets. This is a necessary step to return the property to normal.
Our property recently turned 5 years of age. This begins the remodel process. During the next year our property will recieve a complete redo including new carpet throughout the hotel. We look forward to our new fresh design.
Thank you for talking to your fellow pet owners about their responsibilities. You are 100% correct. The better the owners comtrol their 4 legged children, the smoother the stay for all. We enjoy being pet friendly, but, believe it or not, there are other guests that are not as happy with this policy.
If you wish to offer a thought that I can incorporate to be more even handed, I welcome your ideas. Thank you for your letter and the chance to serve you.
Jimmy

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
lumberton, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a great stay! Only problem was our Elite member snack was not waiting for us, but one quick call and it was on its way!!! Friendly staff and great breakfast! We have stayed here 6 times and would stay six more!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for 5 years and the general manager and staff have gone out of their way to take care of individual needs we have had such as allergies. They are always friendly and helpful. The entire hotel is clean and enjoyable. THANKS!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites I-20 Longview South? Share your experiences!